Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot extension is busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyediceclay

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2003
US
Hi all, I'm running a BCM 400 with CallPilot, I was able to call the voicemail system using Intercom 450, now it's says busy, the only way to access voicemail is using Feature 981. Anyone have a clue what I did (cuz I sure don't)?

Thanks

What happens if you try sending a msg to a mailbox f980 do you get vmail? secondly you can never dial any of the vmail ports by using the intercom except for the primary one in your case 449 you will recieve a busy, that's normal.Have you tried to disable and reable all vmail ports?

You default a BCM Call Pilot with Ftr982, instead of Ftr983.

Adversity is Opportunity

norstarboy125, good idea! But the VoiceCTI service doesn't seem to want to start if I disable the ports. Perhaps I did it wrong, I used the Unified Manager - Resources - Media Bay Modules - Bus 01 and disabled the ports that way, BCM Monitor shows that it's still trying to allocate 6 ports.

Dewey, thanks for the info.

what software release is this system? can you get the NT# on the back of the machine?

It says 3.7 build 2.4f in Unified Manager, the NT num is NT7BW0AADJ, says it was made in June of 2003

im assuming you meant NT7B10AADJ

sounds more like a bad bft. hurry up and get your vendor involved the replacment for that part ends on 6/08

Is that the bad caps BFT? I took a look at it, it doesn't have the green caps and they don't appear to be leaking or bulging. It has had issues before forcing me to reset it often.

You're correct about the NT #, my mistake.

Quote:
i would start there first. (Where is there)

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Looks like it might come to that (replacing the BFT), I had company come in, decided to reset the CP to defaults, problem still exists. Kinda points towards hardware I suppose as it's unable to initialize on port 121. I'm told it should always uses port 121, but in this case it's using port 122. Port 121 is special?

I doubt if the BFT would have anything to do with your problem.

NO!

Have you tried Defaulting the CP yet?

Yeah, defaulted it yesterday, still used port 122 (DN 449). Where is Bus 01 stored? On the MSC card itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back