Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot Directory Synchronization Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmkz99

Technical User
Jun 14, 2008
US
Is anyone out there using Callpilot Directory Sync feature? I am having trouble configuring the Directory connection to the customer's LDAP server. Following the NTP's to the letter, but when I click the "TEST" button, it returns "Unable to reach the server". I can ping it from the Callpilot-I can ping the IP address, the server name, and the FQDN, so I can definitely reach it on the network. Any ideas? Thanks

I have a CallPilot Rls 5.0 HA system. With working with the AD Admin Group on the customer site, the only way we could get the CallPilot to connect is to give full read/write permissions to all attributes in AD. Therefore we have not been able to use the feature and the customer is not happy! We have tried multiple times to set the AD account for CallPilot as only having write access to attribute field called other email in AD as instructed in the NTPs but no connection could be made. I have someone looking over screen shots from the AD group and from the CallPilot abd will let you know if they see anything wrong cause as it stands right now, I can not make the feature work as configurations calls for in the NTPs.

In case anyone is trying to track down what this feature is actually capable of and how to configure it

Page 61
This fearture will add an extra tab to the Active Directory Users and Computers that allows the creation, deletion and modification of Call Pilot mailboxes. You can create specific profiles that give you granularity to specify AD LDAP to CP field mappings.

Each computer wanting to have the extra CP tab in their ADUC snap-in will have to install the client locally.

as per page 61
Basically on the machine running Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap in you install the Directory Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back