Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot Dial by Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyd357vz

Vendor
Jun 25, 2009
US
I have a CP5.0 on a CS1000e. I built an Auto Attendant with an option to dial by name. If you dial the SDN internally and press 1 for dial by name it works fine. When you dial in through the PRI it says "That name was not found."

The PRI is set up as DID trunks with NI2. I have to think it's a PRI issue but I have tried everything and am stumped.

Does anyone know what my issue might be?

Are you able to dial by extension when calling in via PRI? What I'm getting at, is does the CallPilot recognize the digits you are sending after it answers.

Yes through dial is working fine. The only thing I can get to fail is the dial by name.

If it works internally, and your Digits are being decoded properly, then it should work via PRI.

Does it fail everytime? Have you tried disabling ports to test to see if it only happens on particular CallPilot ports?

I figured it out. I couldn't see the forest for the trees.
There is a name dialable by external caller check box in the user's mailbox.
Now only 200 more to go.

Good catch. I usually enable this in my user creation template.

That sucks.. I made a mistake like that when I setup my first callpilot! In my case it wasn't in production so I deleted all the boxes and recreated them! I had left the mailbox status disabled in the template!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back