Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Desktop Messaging for fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishelmo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2006
CA
Hi smart people,

I need some help here. Our company is using CallPilot 4.0 and we just recently purchased the fax messaging mailboxes licenses and desktop messaging mailboxes licenses.

We would like to use the call pilot fax feature on our desktop to send fax out to external fax machines. We haven't integrated Outlook with CallPilot yet.

I installed call pilot messaging application on my laptop. I opened up notepad and typed a few words. Go to print and select Nortel Fax. Then it pops up with phone number field and other options. I put in a phone number 9XXXXXXX, and then the application prompt me with login/pw. Then I got the error message "fail to send fax message".

The account that I logon with is already in a mailbox class with Fax Capability and Desktop and Web Messaging checked (under keycoded features)

Also, I have put in "9" to addressing prefixes and dialing codes in Outcalling Administration page.

I keep reading the Nortel documents and I can't figure it out what went wrong. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks a million!
Fishelmo

Well depending on what the "fail" is, it could be that you can not use port 25 on the laptop to send the fax to the server.

There is a file called CPTrace, start that up and then let it monitor the traffic as you send the fax. Post the results here.

Also verify that the fqdn is correct and matches the callpilot configuration.

I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago where I could not send out faxes. I resolved it by going to MESSAGING --> MESSAGING DELIVERY CONFIGURATION then scroll down to the SMTP/VPIM section and click on Unauthenticated Access Restrictions. Ensure that the Delivery to Telephone or Fax is checked. Click on Save.

It could also be that your RPL is restricting the phone number you are dialing. Check the RPL that is assigned for desktop.

Thank you everyone. Callenj, I am not familiar with CPTrace. Once I open it, do I have to setup anything? I will monitor the traffic on its own? I don't see anything in CPTrace... afterwards...

Deweyhumbolt, when you mean the Voice mail outcall ports, you mean the phone number that I dial to access voicemail? Or CallPilot have a dedicated port for outbound calls?

Hi A12ozbottle, what a fqdn? Where can I check it?

Thanks dabble, "Delivery to Telephone or Fax" is already checked.

Hi Tnphoneman, where can I check RPL?

Thanks everyone for your help. I think once I checked all the stuff above, I should be able to get it going! :cool:

Thanks again!

I mean do the PBX DNs that attach to Call Pilot have the ability to dial out and how far.

First you have to see what RPL is assigned to the mailbox class for desktop and then check that list. I believe it is under security but going from memory.

FQDN is the fully qualified domain name of the Callpilot server, you can find it by right clicking my computer icon and then going to the computer name tab, where it says full computer name this is the FQDN. The LDAP search base has to match the suffix and I think there is somewhere else in the config wizard that needs the FQDN.

How many fax channels do you have on your keycode?
(not just fax mailboxes)

First i'd like to thank everybody who has put anything on this site about port 25 and nortel faxing as it pointed me towards my fixing my problem (well almost!) I get Failed to Send Fax when sending a fax with Call Pilot on 60 PC's (we can receive ok). If I uncheck block Port 25 in McAfee anti virus the error doesn't appear and the fax goes. So i just need to know which program (exe) to exclude in the exclusion list - but can i find it?? !!! If anybody knows what to enter please let me know as I dont want to uncheck port 25. Many thanks, Mark (new user) from a very sunny Caterham, Surrey.

Ignore my entry above, except for the thanks to all for port 25 and all call pilot info on this site, just found the answer on another page nmquick.exe

THANK YOU :O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back