Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Desktop FAX outbound long dist failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreasolo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2005
US
I have a user who is able to fax local or other numbers, and I can fax local plus this particular number with no problem.

But my user is failing within 2 seconds of hitting "send".

We do not use account codes and the error is:

Subject: Farm Report
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:55:21 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
"Unknown" <"FAX=91573748xxxx"@callpilot.int.huntoil.com>

Reason: The external telephone number used in addressing the message could not be dialed. Please verify the telephone number. (3)

Any ideas why it doesn’t want to dial this fax number? Course the x's are the rest of the numnber which I didnt know if would be right to post online the actual number...

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

You might try checking your VPIMs on the CallPilot and on the client config are correct.

Also, check your PRLs on the CallPilot as well.

The Phone Fox

Thanks, looks like we ended up going into the RPL's and made a few changes and then the user was able to call this particular number successfully and send the fax. It was very odd since it was just this one number in this one area code.
First we changed him to Administrator class of service and he was able to send, so we made some changes to the RPL's in Desktop and put him back into Desktop and sucess.

Thanks for replying though!
Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back