Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot desk top client 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitnorpbx

Technical User
Mar 7, 2008
US
Does anybody know if there is a version of the desktop client that will support windows 7 and outlook 2010. the latest version I see is Desktop Messaging Client version 05.00.41.110 but its status is VO and I cannot look at the details for it.

I don't know if there is a new version or not but I found this on the nortel support site. See if this helps.

Callpilot and Office 2010

Call Pilot v4 & v5 installed just fine on Windows 7 32bit and 64bit (and Windows Server 2008 x64) under Outlook 2007 and below; Outlook 2010 was another story, however, but I finally got it running.

In hope of helping out anybody else struggling with Outlook 2010, here's what I did to get Callpilot integration back into Outlook 2010:
1. Note: CallPilot v4 or v5 Desktop Messaging client does NOT need to be installed; regardless, if you attempt this you'll receive the error "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." which you can safely ignore; Outlook likely IS set as the default mail client already. I uninstalled mine completely.
2. Open Outlook and select File>Account Settings (or access the Outlook Mail Profiles via the Control Panel>User Accounts>Mail or change the Control Panel "View by:" option to "Large icons" or "Small icons" and select "Mail")
3. Within the "E-mail" tab, click "New", select "Manually configure server settings or additional server types", click 'Next"
4. In the "Add New Account">"Choose Service" window, select "Internet E-mail"; click "Next"
5. In the "Add New Account">"Internet E-mail Settings" window, Enter "Your Name:", an "E-mail Address" in a valid format, change the "Account Type:" to "IMAP", enter your Callpilot IP or DNS address in the "Incoming mail server", enter your organizations' existing SMTP server's IP/DNS address in the "Outgoing mail server (SMTP):" block; enter your voice-mail box extension in "User Name:" (e.g. 101) and your voice-mail box password under "Password:" (e.g. 1111); leave the "Require logon using SPA" box unchecked
6. Click "Next" to test the settings; or click "More Settings" to make some refinements, primarily which would be under the "General" tab on the "Mail Account" block; change the name here to better title the resulting .pst file that will be created.
After this, you're done and pretty much back to what you had under Outlook 2007 and before.
There may be some refinements/better settings especially regarding the ougoing SMTP address (as for sending faxes or the like), however we don't use those feature so I didn't experiment with that much.

I got all of this working. However how did you get around not having a player for the .vbk files? or are you just converting them?

I don't know if the helpdesk guys have had the vbk issue come up so I don't have an answer for you on that one.

Hi There thanks for posting this info

Just wondered if you managed to get the fax driver installed onto Windows Server 2008 64 Bit i can get the outlook side working but cannot get the fax driver installed.

Any Idears?

Thanks

John

I have only install the fax stuff on a limited basis. Everyone who got really excited about it got it installed and practically no one uses it. Faxes seem to be way out of vogue!

Hi Thanks for replying

I know what you mean about the fax the only thing is we as a company would occasionally use this so it would be great if you did have info on how you got it working.

Thanks

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back