Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot delay before beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommWorx

Vendor
Feb 3, 2019
US
Having an issue with a callpilot 150. There is an extended amount of dead air after greeting, before the beep. Callers are not leaving messages. I'm talking 30-45 seconds. Has anyone experienced this? Know how to correct? Ideas?

Re-record Primary greeting (not the directory greeting) and press OK when done.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for your response, I should have given more info I apologize, I've power cycled the callpilot, deleted and rebuilt mailboxes, recorded primary greeting for the users to make sure they recorded properly and ended/saved property but when tested problem was still there. It's happening system wide not just a single user. Am I missing something?

Sounds corrupted.
If it is not at software 3.1 then upgrade it.
If it is 3.1 then you may have to do one or all of the following:
-do a restore from a backup
-perform a reinstall then restore from a backup
-perform a reinstall then reprogram from scratch.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks. Was hoping not to have to do that but was thinking same thing

Decided to keep digging before I did a restore so I connected to callpilot via manager and found there was a general delivery mlbx set up to an extension that no one was aware of and it had (no exaggeration) 5098 messages which was causing the callpilot to malfunction. Restore and reprogrammed. Was not gonna delete all those messages. 125 mailboxes much easier to rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back