Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot CCR Tree help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianbek

Technical User
Jun 17, 2005
CA
I'm new to voicemail/phone systems and I'm having some trouble setting up a Callpilot 150 (voicemail ver 02.10.06.00)with a norstar dr5 system. It was an existing system and everything seems to work properly, just the Callpilot was never setup. I'm using Callpilot Manager to set everything up, but my question is, when someone calls in from outside, how do I give them the option to dial the extension of the person they are looking for if they know the number? Hope thats enough info :) Thanks

program the line to be answered by AA Table and build mailboxes for dialable users.

If your phone system is working it should take about an hour for your vendor to setup the voicemail - and you can get trained on maintaing it

Yeah its working fine, I've figured out how to leave voicemails, and have it answer the phone and stuff, greetings recorded, it all seems good, I'd just wanted to have the option of dialing an extension directly if the person calling knew it.

That feature (dialing the ext. number) is enabled by default. You don’t have to do anything to the CP. When the CP answers with a greeting or AA or CCR, just dial the ext. number.

So, you can put the prompt "if you know your parties ext. you can dial it at any time," anywhere in your message. Try it- you will see that it works. The only place it will not work is if you have actual mailboxes directly answering the incoming lines.

Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try when I get into work tomorrow and post how everything goes :)

I've given that last suggestion a try and it worked np :), now my next question is, if I dial the person's extension, and they do not answer, can I have another menu prompt the caller to leave a voice mail, transfer to receptionist, or say return to my ccr tree? Thanks for the help :)

Not a menu. but with a properly configured call pilot, all of those things will happen.

Thanks everyone, everything going smoothly :) but yet another question, is it possible for someone calling in to hear the company directory? I don't just mean someone with a mailbox, but anybody.

I think you need a mailbox to be in the directory. But you can build a Information Path in your CCR Tree and record everyone there mailbox or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back