Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Backup Scheduler not running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AspenMan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2007
US
I would like to automate backing up my CallPilot server version 5.00.41.112. I have a backup that I run manually using system/backup-restore. The manual backup works and I have had to restore it so I know it is working properly. I can not get this backup to run on the scheduler provided on the server. Under next scheduled backup the date seems to move forward but the backup does not appear on my shared drive as it does doing the backup manually. Does any have any experience or clues for me?

Much appreciated.

check the backup log to see why it fails.

I have looked in the Backup History in CallPilot Manager on the server and there are no failures. Is there another place to look at the backup logs?

You're leaving something out of the schedule. Take a close look at every parameter and schedule each. Make sure your date and time are correct and is at least 20 minutes later so you can see it start. It will leave the schedule in the box ready to go. Then if that works, come back the next day and reschedule it for that night. Backup at least once a week or month. You should have three tapes. One in the drive, one in the safe, and one off site with software, and keycodes just like in the safe. Rotate them every 30 days.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

Check your DUPLEX setting on the CLAN connection, usually it's AUTO on both the CP and the LAN switch, but double check em.

make sure you setup your backup before midnight, callpilot does maint routines around 4 AM. and make sure that your backups have at lease 30 min after they finish. so if you have a full backup and then an APP archive, make sure you have enough time between the two for the full backup to finish.

Network backup time is variable.

201i with SLR 5 tape drive 2.5 hrs avg.
other servers with SLR 50 30+ min /10 gig

Also, make sure you have the latest patches. There was an issue in 4.0 that if you logged out of the callpilot server network backups would fail.

I was able to setup a schedule backup and I did watch it run while logged into our CP server so I think I am setting it up properly. However it will not run automatically at 9pm. I am backing up to a network drive and then to tape at night so I think I am covered there. However I have put a poke into my vendor about any patches we may have missed last month. Thanks for the tips and I will let you know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back