Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot Backup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro67

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
i have a 703t-5.0 operating one main site and two remote sites my question is can we install a callpilot at one of the remote sites to ack as a slave or backup system in the event that the primary callpilot fails the slave can take over?

I believe for High Availability you need to migrate to the 1005R server platform. This is the only hardware that currently supports the HA functionality.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

In a High-Availability (hot spare) system, both servers must be co-located, and you lose the ability to integrate with Contact Center for IVR.

co-located meaning in the same facility? what is everyone else doing for disater recovery?

Yes. There is a heartbeat cable that connects the 2 servers.

For Disaster Recovery, some people are buying a spare server (either tower or rack mount), and rotating drives between the two.

So what I am reading here (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that you cannot have a hot spare CP at another site for DR? If I need to start another thread, no problem.

Sounds like we will have to buy an additional cp for the remote site.and let it site there until its needed, hopefully never!

Yes, at least a mildly hot standby.

1. Buy and install a CallPilot 5.0 on the remote site PBX.
2. On the production CallPilot schedule an user and an application network backup to run every 24 hours.
3. Manually restore these backups to the remote CallPilot also every 24 hours.

There are many system engineering details both on the CallPilot systems and the PBX's that need to be accounted for to make this work. Get you vendor involved and Nortel directly on engineering this one. And once it's all installed: test, test, test... and document, document, document...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back