Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot backup problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneBoot

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2009
GB
In CallPilot I have a backup scheduled to a remote server, but suddenly the backup stopped working. It seems that the backup stopped running under the NGENSYS account and switched to running under the Administrator account.

The passwords of the NGENSYS accounts are synced between the local and remote server. For a test I synced the passwords of both Administrator accounts and the backup was working again. We can't allow synced passwords for the Administrator account, because of security reasons.

How can I change the configuration of the backup to run under the NGENSYS account again?

thx

I think you just log in with the NGENSYS account and perform the sync (or build access to NGENSYS) to the drive you are backing up to. We had issues with ours as well because someone logged in with the administrator account - that is likely because they didn't know or forgot the NGENSYS login :) I can never remember the NGENSYS one anyway :>

Well I logged on with the NGENSYS account and tried to start a backup to the remote location but it failed because of a logon failure.

I know for sure that the passwords are synced between the local and remote server. I also verified that the NGENSYS account has access the remote share for storing backups.

So it still seems that the backup runs under the Administrator account, how can I change this to the NGENSYS account?

Is the account where the backup is performed with, a member of the group Backup-users om the system where the backup is scheduled to?

Chris

Thanks for your reply Chris. The account is not a member of the backup-users group but that's not an issue.

The account has share:"full control" and NTFS:"Modify" access to the share where the backup is scheduled to.
I know the account really has access because I logged on with the NGENSYS account and was able to create a new file on the remote share.

On the remote system in the eventviewer security log, I can see that the backup tries to access the share with the Administrator account but failes because the password of the Administrator accounts aren't synced.

The passwords of the NGENSYS accounts are synced, but for some reason CallPilot stopped using the NGENSYS and swithed to using the Administrator account. :-(

How can I switch back to the NGENSYS account?

what type and version?

try running services.msc and change the "log on as" on the backup service. change the Administrator account to the NGENSYS.

not sure about this, but its worth to try.

Bukoljoe is on the right track. Go to Services, then open the properties of the Sybase Backup Service. Open the LOG ON tab and change the account information to reflect the username of NgenSys and the password for that account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back