Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot backup fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan01

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
I have a Option 11C with Callpilot 4.0 and ever since I loaded the most recent PEP's I can't do a backup to the tape drive. It fails. Before the PEP's were installed it worked fine. I can do an immediate backup but just can not schedule one. Anyone run into this? Thanks for any help.

haven't seen it but you may want to check the nortel website

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Have you tried to reinstall the 4.0 software again. I found this a couple of years ago after a Meridian Mail upgrade. Once I reinstalled it the second time the backup started to work again.

If I re-install the software, won't it wipe out all programming?

Yes it will but if you can do an immediate backup then you should be able to have information from which to restore.

I stopped setting up backups to the tape drive when I started setting up backups to various PCs on the network.

I don't have the system up and running in front of me so explaining this out of memory will likely be a little off but if you do have a system to look at you will see what I mean.

Here is a simple explanation. Assume you have a PC running OTM (it can be whatever) and you name it OTM. You can then add a folder on the C drive named whatever you like (I use backup) and make it a shared folder with read/write permissions. Note, it's easiest to have this the only shared folder but it will work if you have others.

You can then build a new backup job that points to this folder. I believe you can browse and select the folder or you can type in \\OTM\backup (I may have the syntax wrong but you'll get the idea).

Then schedule the backup job. You may find that this doesn't work either because of whatever your problem is, in which case you should probably follow the advice above and reload everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back