Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Back up issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
I am having issue with CallPilot Backup. We started hasving issue after we did the CP restore due to bad hard drive. So we put new OS+CallPilot and restore the data. Everything is working fine except the backup. We are using the netapp filer. I got this error when try to back up to this fileshare.
Unable to start backup operation. 41809#Can not establish a network connection to the remote folder (\\10.10.20.10\callpilot-everyone) using "TEST" backup device. Net error = 1014, Win32 = 1240. The account is not authorized to log in from this station. Remote disk device is not ready. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Username and password is correct. We also can back up this CP to a windows 2003 box. That’s what I am doing currently. But I would like to use the netapp fileshare again. We have tried creating a new share in the filer and same error. It seems that the issue is accessing the netapp filer from CallPilot.
I also could not map the fileshare from the CP server itself, got this error message ” The account is not authorized to log in from this station”

Anyone have any idea?

there are some security changes made in the latest call pilot updates. I'm not sure but we had this issue and had to adjust the security levels accordingly to be able to use remote drives.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

But We have another CP server that i believe has the same PEP level, software version and can access the remote drive. and has no issue with backup

are the server security levels the same?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

I am not sure about that. Is there an easy way to compare between 2 servers?

Thanks

don't really know i'm afraid

Nope,

we finally send the backup to a windows server and back up the windows server every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back