Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot answers right away won't let operator answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

18th_century

Technical User
Oct 24, 2016
US
I have a callpilot 150 hooked up to my Nortel nics system. It was working fine. Wait 4 rings if no answer then auto attendant picks up and lets caller leave a message. Now the system picks up after half a ring and immediately sends the caller to GD voice mail. Business Open is checked. What I am getting wrong?

Thanks

Half ring usually indicates one of two things:

1. Lines are programmed to ring at a set however AA is told to answer line/s at 0 rings
2. Service Modes (Night Service) has been invoked by the control set - F871 to turn ON - F#871 to turn it OFF - Set would also say Service or Night etc on the display when ON.

Why it goes to General Delivery mailbox instead of ring elsewhere is another story.
Maybe Service Modes is told to ring at X2XX but 2XX is forwarded to voice mail but it does not have a mailbox so it defaults to the GD.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Curlycord,
Thanks! Your #2 idea lead me to check all the extensions and one of them was set to forward to #25-voicemail. Once I cleared that all was good. The user had the extension set to DND so they didn’t know about the voicemail forward and didn't even know that that was a possibility. I was tearing out my hair - thanks for the help.

Cool, thanks for update.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back