Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot and .WAV imports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Cadmin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2007
CA
CallPilot 4.0 1002rp

We are currently preparing some professional menu recordings which are being composed in .wav format. My experience with .wav imports has been that in some cases the .wav file sounds fine on a pc or recording device, however once imported into CallPilot the recording loses quality and static is often encountered.

I'm unable to find any documentation on how to achieve the best recordings when using .wav imports. Is there a certain bit rate that must be used for the .wav recording? Can someone please provide some information on what works best for your environment.

Thanks in advance,

From the Application Builder guide:
"Sound files must be mono 8-bit or 16-bit files in WAV format, with a sampling frequency rate of 11 kHz, 22.05 kHz,
or 44.1 kHz.

Thanks, i didn't have a copy of the app builder guide. This is extremely useful. Cheers.

The biggest reason you find recordings sound fine on PC and then like (Blank) on the CallPilot the recording is to hot. We resolved this as a project. CallPilot when file is imported appears to amplify the imported prompt.wav back off on the recording level see what that gets you. We also found the best 8,000Hz 16 Bit, Mono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back