Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot and caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaGeek2

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
US
I'm having a problem with my call pilot server and caller ID. My problem is for "return calls" within my area code. (Dial '9' to return the call option)

For example my local exchange prefix is 347

When a call comes in from 347, callpilot obeys my Dialing Translations rule and places an '8' to gain access to an outside trunk. However, it still dials the area code.

Our local exchange will not let you dial the area code.

For example, when returning a call., it dials 8-309-347-9999 instead of 8-347-9999

When there is a long distance call from out of the area code, it works just fine. 8-1-312-999-9999

I can't seem to find where this is controlled?

Thanks much.
-Aaron

don't know of a filter for that in call pilot. i fixed mine by adding the local npa to my bars. because of my location, most users don't know if 1803 444 is local or ld. (along with 400 other npa's) so i built a script that added all the npa's in the 803 to my routing table. if you (or the mail) dial 803 the switch is now able to make the routing work, for local npa it just deletes 1803 and sends it out the locals.. if you want to use that fix and aren't sure of the code, let me know and i can post an example when i'm at work

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yes, I'd love to see an Example. I haven't done much with the call routing level of Nortel. Most of my experience is on the Inter-Tel platform.

Thanks much for your Help John!

-Aaron

You could also use an FCAS tables - built a deny for 347 in npa 309 and an alow for 347 in npa 309.

assign the deny FCI to all your entries for your RLI used for NPA 309
Add a new entry and assign the allow FCI also include a DMI table to delete 3 in this entry

this is the addition of a 7 digit npa
Code:
REQ  new
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE npa

NPA  1899 217
RLI  10
SDRR
ITEI

that sends the call to rli 10
Code:
REQ  new
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI  10
ENTR 0
LTER
ROUT 2 [b]this picks the route[/b]
TOD
CNV
EXP
FRL  1 [b] this allows the call for ncos 1 and above[/b]
DMI  10 [b] this routes the digits to the dgt [/b]

heres the addition of dmi 10

Code:
REQ  new
CUST 0
FEAT dgt
DMI  10 [b]deletes 1899[/b]
DEL  4
INST

Note: dgt and rlb are in ld 86, npa is in 90, prt the npa for the local npa. you will see it is normal 1xxx, you have to delete that to add 1xxx xxx, all possible 7 digit numbers have to be added (script). add the dgt 1st then the rlb then the npa's.. don't use a rlb that is built today. you'll need a new one that deletes 4 then puts the call on your local route. the one in place today for your ld will still be used for the non locals within your npa.. if your using scripts, your talking 30 minutes. if your typing real fast, 3 or 4 hours...hope this helps, it is the method i use for the exact same problem, that and fax back.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back