Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot admin client 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCNetAdmin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
IL
I have a Nortel call pilot 1.07.
The admin client is 1.07 Build 01.07.09.13.
When I upgraded my PC to SP2 I received an error
"Reverse RPC connection with admin server cannot be established".
I have disabled the F.W but it didn't help.
I suspect that although the F.W is disabled some ports are close in the system.

Help needed.

Thanks.

RC.

Sorry,

It didn't help.
I saw some info that the DCOM can cause the problem.
I look at the DCOM and I succeeded of finding the callpilot location.
The problem I am not sure what should I change.

RC

Hi Guys,

I had exactly the same problem. Well, i got it fixed:
Just install this registry key!

---------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\RPC]
"RestrictRemoteClients"=dword:00000000
---------------------------------------------------

########################
##Technical Backround:##
########################
New RPC restrictions help tighten communications. The XP SP2 changes in this area let administrators fine-tune RPC services. This granular control over RPC will allow you to specify that a port be used for RPC even if the application is not on the white list. There are a lot of changes for RPC, including a new RestrictRemoteClients registry key that by default blocks most, but not all, remote anonymous access to RPC interfaces on the system. The RPC interface restriction will require an RPC caller to perform authentication, which makes it much more difficult to attack an interface, and helps mitigate against Trojan attacks.

greetings from germany;
Andy Weber
SSP networks

Andy, I'm experiencing this same problem when trying to view a users properties, the difference being I'm running the Admin Client on a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) from a Terminal Services session.

Could these be relatedin any way?

Thanks

Try to install the NM010709G097C.exe PEP on client machine.
You can to download this PEP from MPLR.

Andy I just want to say thanks. Your solution worked perfectly. I can now use Callpilot 1.07 on Win XP SP2 with no errors.

Thanks a mill!!!

Andy,

I have performed your fix and everything works flawlessly except for one thing. I can view applications in application builder, but I cannot add any new application controls (ie. announcement, call transfer, date control, day control... etc.). If I click and drag them into the application, they do not show up. The only way to add new controls is to copy and paste them from old applications. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Just to reiterate, we are running windows xp sp2 and callpilot 1.07. Thanks!

i have made the changes indicated above (the registry key) and so far so good on callpilot, thanks very much.

just out of curiousity, does making this change leave me open to anything that could be potentially damaging?

I have the same problem - due to last week's virus slam of W2K, I have been "upgraded" to XP SP2 at work. However, now I cannot connect to my CallPilot server.

I was going to try installing the registry key as mentioned in previous posts, but don't have an RPC key folder in my registry under Windows NT. Only keys (that show up at least) are Printers & Terminal Servers. Should I creat a new key folder called "RPC" and install the key there? Thanks.

Hello,

Just edit it in the notepad but save it as name.reg on your desktop.

Double click the icon.

After that the key will be automatic installed in the registry.

RC

I get the error msg: "This file is not a Registry Script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor."

Basically I opened Notepad, cut/paste of the string, then saved it. Sorry, but I'm a dummy when it comes to anything with the registry.

Thanks

Same here, how did you get this to import or can you take a screen shot and e-mail it to me how it looks like. Thanks ahead.

Hey, just a note to say that I FINALLY got the Registry Key fix to work - turns out you have to get rid of the "" marks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back