Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 5.00.41.17 network install

Status
Not open for further replies.

scj6771

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2006
US
I am still having issues after the install where the user still has to manually "add callpilot to default mail profile", I have setup the program using the "Setup /A" and configured it so it should by default add it automatically, if I look at the setup.ini file everything looks as it should. So why does the user have to add it manually? Thanks.

Are you using the actual users credentials to install or are you installing as an admin?

If your installing as admin, the install procedure does not inject the necessary information into the user's default mail profile, hence the need to run the 'Add to Default Mail Profile' app.

If you want to completely automate the install:

You have 2 options:

Option 1. Temporarily give the user admin rights to the PC and install using the user's credentials. Doing it this way will automatically put the Desktop Msg infomation in the users default mail profile.

Option 2. Create a script that will perform the following:
1. Install Desktop Msgr as Admin user.
2. Inject a RunOnce registry entry on the user's windows profile to 'Add Desktop Messanger to User's Defualt Mail profile' or Just temporarily add the command to a login script for that user.
3. Force reboot
4. Clean itself up

Once the user logs in, the runonce registry entry or the login script will be ran and the user will then have CP Desktop Msgr in their default mail profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back