Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 37.01.10.22 Auto Attendant gets bitten off when answering 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndr99

Programmer
Jun 5, 2016
CA
So, here's a question for the forum: is there a delay that can be set to extend when the auto attendant (Joan?) starts talking after answering?

On this particular system, auto attendant is set to answer a particular outside line after 2 rings, (to pick up the CLID.) The greeting table has DN dialing disabled, and no primary prompt or company greetings recorded in order to force the default prompt. When it connects thru after the second ring, the default "One Moment Please," announcement starts before the ringing finishes - is heard on the other end as "Oment Please" before it transfers to the extension.

Here's the setup:

- BCM400 R3.7 with GATM8 to CO lines

- GASM8 connects to the extension (this user prefers her old Analog cordless handset with wireless headset)

- CallPilot 37.01.10.22

And yes, we could record a Primary Prompt, but the user prefers the default voice!

Verulam Telephone:
Communicating is our Pleasure!

Serving Eastern Ontario

Something does not add up here....
"the default "One Moment Please," announcement starts before the ringing finishes"

The default is Joan's prompt greeting "Use the keypad to enter the extension...."
You do not hear "one moment please" unless:
-Caller is transferred to a DN
or
-CLID Routing table has the callers number in the system

"before it transfers to the extension."
How does the caller transfer if "The greeting table has DN dialing disabled"?

Even if there was a delay setting (which there is not) there is an issue with the system not playing the full greeting.

Did you just mean to say "the wrong greeting is playing"?
You could try:
Touch Tone Gate
Reboot
Another Table
REINSTALL
Record silence in greeting 1 <---if the "Use the keypad to enter the extension...." plays too quick.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

The missing piece is: greeting table 1 goes directly to Tree 1, intercom transfer to extension 287.

There are several CLID Routes set up for specific callers to be sent directly to different extensions, park & page, etc.

When a number on the CCR list dials in, there is no greeting at all, it just rings thru - ideally I'd like that to happen with the "unknown" calls as well. If I record a bit of silence on the Primary Prompt in the Greeting Table Setup, will it defeat the default prompt?

So the proper greeting is playing - we don't want inbound callers given the option to dial an extension on this line.

And actually, I did finally record some silence on Greeting 100 for Morning/Afternoon/Evening to give it a little breathing room!

I just wish there was a Nortel phone that had the same capabilities as the crappy analog canadian tire phone the user has on this line:
Removeable wireless handset + DECT wireless headset - what would work would be an M2616CT that works on a BCM - is there such an animal?

Dave

Verulam Telephone:

Serving Eastern Ontario

The missing piece is: greeting table 1 goes directly to Tree 1, intercom transfer to extension 287"
Why does the table point to a tree when you do not want any other greeting?
What is this 287? something you programmed?

I think you should post the script as to what is said and what should happen when somebody calls in when they are not in the CLID Routing table with full details.
So far it's like a jigsaw puzzle but we cant see the pieces to play with.

"When a number on the CCR list dials in"
Did you mean CLID Routing Table?
CLID Routing Table - On Callpilot 100/150 you will hear "One moment please", on BCM you will not hear anything.....you cannot change this for CLID Routing Table callers.
The only thing they will hear what you pointed them too:
The whole purpose of the CLID Routing Table is to forward the specific caller to get to the DN, Table, CCR or Mailbox directly so that you will not have to hear any other greeting in between.

AA Menu Prompt
-Default(Joan) will play when:
Custom Prompt not enable - If No Voice is recorded and CCR Tree is disabled
Custom Prompt enabled - If No Voice is recorded and CCR Tree is disabled

-Default(Joan) will NOT play when:
Custom Prompt enabled - Voice is recorded and CCR Tree is disabled
Custom Prompt enabled - Voice is recorded and CCR Tree is enabled

Recording a custom prompt does not erase Joan, you can turn her on or off using the disable enable option.

"I just wish there was a Nortel phone that had the same capabilities as the crappy analog canadian tire phone the user has on this line:"
I do not understand the comment, is it related?
Features are part of the system, all norstar phone models and analog sets have access to the same features on the system.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Can't solve it...still get the "One Moment Please" when transferring to the user's extension - no matter what is disabled or enabled...

I made up a flow chart of what we're trying to do:

Calls coming in on a specific line are filtered by the CLID Routing table:
-Unwanted CLIDs (ie telemarketers) are sent to an information box
-High priority CLIDs are sent to park and page, with specific announcements for specific CLIDs, answer anywhere system-wide
-CLIDs not on the list, or timed out on park & page, transfer directly to a specific extension

*Note: calls parked get to listen to the muzak, and that's ok, its the callers NOT on the list who hear the "One Moment Please"
The analog extension is highlighted, because this user wants to use the voicemail built into her phone, not a CallPilot mailbox.

Verulam Telephone:

Serving Eastern Ontario

My test on BCM50 R6

Created Tree 10 as Info Node
Table 10 - Morn,Afte,Night,Non set to Greeting 21 which is "Not recorded"
Table 10 - Enabled CCR Tree 10
Line 125 - AA/Table 10

CLID has my mobile # as the unwanted caller to go to Tree 10.

Test call yields - Info Node greeting only.

"CLID Routing Table - On Callpilot 100/150 you will hear "One moment please", on BCM you will not hear anything.....you cannot change this for CLID Routing Table callers."
This probably does not apply to older BCM's so you would be out of luck in that case.

Was your setup the same? you diagram on the left said "Mailbox" but presume you meant just Info Node.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

We're almost there! Yes that's the behaviour I get too.

Try this: delete Tree 10 and then create a new one:

New CCR Tree: Create Options: Home Transfer Node

Then set Outdial Method: Intercom
Phone number: NNN = any extension available

If your cell # is NOT on the CLID list, the call should progress:

Line Answers->Greeting Table 10->"One Moment Please"->Tree 10->Extension NNN Rings

Verulam Telephone:

Serving Eastern Ontario

In this scenario if it's calls being transferred by AA and not part of CLID Routing table you will always get bionic bettys prompt.

Work around?
Greeting X
-Thank you for calling ABC, we will transfer your call for assistance

Callers will now hear:
-Thank you for calling ABC, we will transfer your call for assistance, "one moment please"

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for digging into it with me...i was afraid there was no way to turn it off, but you never know until you ask!

Cheers!

Verulam Telephone:

Serving Eastern Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back