Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 3.0 CallReporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePhoneGuy

Programmer
Nov 4, 2005
US
I have the Reporting for Call Center Client installed, and the Call Center Application installed. All seems to be working and communicating with the CP100. I just can't get the realtime reports to work. Anybody with a clue (or 2) out there?!

If server and client are successfully installed on single standalone.
After installing client then reboot reporting server.
PC then open Internet Explorer.
user = admin
pswd = 0000
Go to call center connection properties
In IP address field enter 127.0.0.1:8088
password = CCRS
make sure use SSL is unchecked
make sure SSL checkbox in call center server connection properties is unchecked.
Submit and wait until database collection is finished.

Will try it in the morning. Thanks!

I installed both client and server on the same PC. IP = 10.10.10.59 I was using as the web address, and I was using 10.10.10.59:8088 in the IP address field. All SSL boxes were unchecked. It would seem to download the database, but it only took a few seconds. Didn't seem right. Then...none of the realtime reports worked. I couldn't see any of the skillsets listed in the reports either. Hopefully, what you suggest will be the solution. Makes sense to use the loopback address. Thanks again!

Still no luck. Acts the same as yesterday. No realtime reports.

I'm getting phone tech support from the equipment supplier . . . he's "supposed" to be good at CC Reports. Time will tell.

I've been elevated to the third tier of tech support today. Tech support guy #1 and #2 didn't seem to know as much as I did. Yippee! Hopefully, I'll here from Mr. MAN someday soon.

Frustrated and venting...
Sorry,

absolutely make sure there is no antivirus software installed whatsoever on the reporting server.
Uninstall the client.
Uninstall the server.
Uninstall MYSQL.
Uninstall .net
delete .net folder
delete mysql folder
delete call center reporting folder

Reinstall server and test reporting server connection
Reinstall client
While installing client mysql will install and prompt for reboot.
When you are prompted to reboot SAY NO!
Client install will continue and install .net
After .net is installed client install is finished.
You will see scripts run in command prompt window.
If antivirus is installed scripts will not run.
Now you must reboot server.
Then

I will try again Friday morning. Thanks again for your time. So far...you're my only hope!
smiley20.gif

You do phone support?
wink.gif

my phone never stops ringing ;)
Today I almost smashed my 2616 with my companion 3050

Yea, I used to engineer the Option systems. Couldn't stand it...went back to the Norstars. Much happier these days. That is...when the stuff works.
Wicked.gif

Totally stripped down the server to nothing, and reinstalled everything to-the-letter, aragon. In fact . . . I've done it TWICE! Nothing. What a bummer. I have started another thread to no avail, but can you tell me if I can uninstall and reinstall the Reporting keycodes? Would that even matter?

Grasping at straws here...

Do you have antivirus installed on this computer?
If you do remove it.
God help you if McAfee is installed, it is difficult to remove.

Nope...it HAD Norton. I uninstalled it all. I found a utility in the Reports Server folder that showed me the Report Server is definitely collecting the data from the CallPilot. It's just the WebServer pice that is not working. I'm thinking of installing the client on a different PC and pointing it to the Reports Server to see if that fixes this whole mess. Any thoughts?

I haven't had any problems running server and client on the same machine.
But I have had to reinstall up to 8 successive times until the damn thing starts to work.
You are right though the problem is with the client.
Installing the client on another PC might help.

Well...I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, it's pathetic! And, today I took my own server on location as to take their PCs and network out of the equestion, and still NOTHING! The reporting 'server' is collecting the information from the CallPilot, but the web interface part of the equation is simply not working. I am frustrated beyond belief. I just don't understand why the information isn't getting passed from one app to the other.

You did install Microsoft IIS on the reporting server before installing the Nortel server and client right?
And to answer the question of why?
Because Nortel sucks.
They rewrote the reporting server in 3.0 because 2.0 was bad... Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
That being said I have been able to make all of them work eventually. I do not trust any of the reports though.

Yes...MS IIS is installed. The client installation will halt if IIS is NOT installed. That's about the only thing Nortel did right.

As for Reporting Server 2.0, yea...I looked at that today. Wondered if it was a viable option. Didn't take long to see while a pile of garbage that was. Dag!

So...you're basically telling me just to uninstall and install until the thing just finally majically works? (I mean no offense, and appreciate all of your input.) Just trying to figure out what my next step is going to be.

Tired of banging my head on the wall,
- Joe

The installation centers around the client.
If things are not working then concentrate your efforts there.
In CallPilot manager ensure that the enable cc reporting stream button is checked and that the password is set to CCRS.
Do this and reboot the CallPilot.
The reboot your reporting server for fun and relaunch the call center connection screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back