Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

callpilot 202i

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
hello, im trying to get a 202i installed on an Opt-11 system on card slot 10. According to the NTP slots 1-10 can be used for the 202i. Here is what im running into. When i install the card to slot 10, just after the MGATE starts coming up the PBX crashes. Now when i install the card on slot 9, everything works fine. i know i can just simply install to slot 9 and forget about it, but im trying to save some real estate on my slots for future use. Any ideas on why the PBX would crash when installing card to slot 10? thx

You cant use slot 10 .The 201i and 202i require 2 slots on the cabinet to work. You must use 9 or lower. If you look at back edge of the 201/202i card there are 2 card edges on it. The Opt 11 cabinet was marked origionally for Meridian Mail so there is no backplane after slot 10 to plug into. Your system innitalizes because it cannot communicate properly.

on my 202i there is only one backplane connector. i looked in the NTP under server installation for a 202i and it says that slots 1-10 can be used. i guess im stuck, thanks anyway

The 202i is an IPE device which must be inserted into the switch to receive
power from and communicate with the switch. DS30 connectivity with the
switch is over the switch backplane so no MGate cards or DS30 cables
are required.
The 202i server is installed in two consecutive peripheral equipment slots
as follows.
Switch Slots
Meridian 1 tiered systems 0 to 15
Option 11C 1 to 9 in any Option 11C cabinet
Option 11C Mini Expansion Two slots in the expansion cabinet
Communication Server 1000 Expansion A pair of consecutive slots in any Media
Gateway Expansion.