Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 201i Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

miller3383

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2010
US
There was a time when Nortel married the system ID of an Option system to the system ID of the Meridian Mail. Does that policy still apply to the CallPilot technology? Can I take any CallPilot and install it in an Option 11 or will those system ID issues still apply?

in the configuration wizard you will be prompted for the system id. If I am correct you are married to the pbx the system is sold against.

The old Meridian Mail did a fox security check when booting up. It read the tape ID of the PBX and it had to match the ID on the MerMail install tape.
Callpilot does not do this. The only thing that matters is the dongle in callpilot has to match the keycode sheet.
I have a spare Option 11C system I use for upgrades
I'll install a archive of the system I'm upgradinging into my spare then swap out the SCC cards to perform upgrade. The callpilot always comes up and functions on the spare SSC with it's own security dongle. After I've upgraded the original SSC and put all patches in I swap the cards back.
Less outage time for customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back