Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 201i - How to reset Administrator password

Status
Not open for further replies.

grifc

Programmer
Jan 4, 2008
LC
Hello all,

I would like some assistance in resetting the Callpilot manager password for a Callpilot 3.0 running rls 3.0 software. I have the server password and would like to if there is a way of using this account to reset the CPMGR password.

Thanks
grifc

do u have another user with admin rights? if so use that one to reset the admin password.

sorry thats for the cp manager but if you want to change the admin password for the cp server then you have to use the config wizard.

I'm not sure that you can do it this way as I know of a process via the Call Pilot support tools as long as you have access to the Call Pilot Server.

I can't give the solution here due to password issues, but it's all done in the following order below.

Press "Start" then "Programs" followed by "CallPilot" and onto "System Utilities" within there, you should see "Support Tools"

At this stage, you have to enter in a password, which is different for each release of Call Pilot software.

I'm sorry, but I won't provide this here.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Hello firebird,

Can you advise on how I can obtain this password. Do you think that nortel tech support will provide it?

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Grifc

Thanks
grifc

The passwords used in tools are distributor passwords so if your not a distributor you will probably not get it.

again if you assigned a mailbox with full admin rights just use that mailbox to reset the password of the default cpmgr profile. the default being the 000000 mailbox. just replace it with the mailbox number of the other admin user. so if you have a mailbox under 5000 and you gave yourself admin rights you can change the default admin password for cpmgr. log in, search for mailbox 000000 and reset password.

hello grifc

this can help u

Unable to log into CallPilot Manager due to unknown password

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Description

Goal:
How to reset password for CallPilot administration account 000000.

Fact:
CallPilot
CallPilot 2.0
CallPilot Manager

Symptom:
Unable to log into CallPilot Manager due to unknown password.

Cause:
Default Administration Password (mailbox 000000, password 124578) has been changed.

Problem Resolution

Fix:
Use the following procedure to reset the default administrator password.
1. Log into "Distributor" Support Tools on the CallPilot Server
2. Start -> Programs -> CallPilot -> System Utilities -> Support Tools
3. From the main menu, select (9) Database Utilities
4. From the Database Utilities menu, select (3) Database API Utility
5. At the CI> prompt, type resetadminpwd and press <Enter>
6. At the CI> prompt, type quit. This will close the API Utility
7. In the main menu, press <Enter>, then select (1) to exit.
The default Administration mailbox 000000 password will be reset to 124578.

Affected Products
CallPilot CallPilot CallPilot 201i

Samo

All,

Thanks for your help the password was retrieved.

grifc

Thanks
grifc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back