Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

callpilot 201i giving message instead of going to voicemail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrboothe55

Technical User
Jan 23, 2011
US
I need help on callpilot 201i version 2.02 on an M1/11c. we had a hard drive crash. re-installed callpilot on new hard drive and did a system restore from tape backup. now when a caller (from inside or outside) calls a dn, callpilot answers after about 5 rings but instead of getting the dn's v/m it gives message; your call cannot be completed at this time, try again later. on some dn's caller is transfered to pbx attendant. this is my first experience with callpilot other than creating voicemail boxes. we do not use the email or desktop messaging. the clan has nothing connected to it. thanks

How did you get the customer data back onto the CP? Tape or network backup, or load it by hand???

What you describe sounds like a mismatch between the way that the 2008s are programmed in the PABX (key 0 (needs the ADCID) and key 1 (the SCN) as to what's configured in the CP (run the config wiz and get to the M1 switch Config, about 5 screens in).

Thanks for the info DFKSydney. I did a system restore from tape in callpilot manager. i will look at the PABX config tonight. thank you again.

new info on this problem. i found that if i delete a v/m box and create a new one in it's place, it works fine. i could delete all the v/m boxes and start over adding them back but i have a few users that want me to try to recover their voicemails. anyone have any ideas? Thanks

backup tape was bad and restore is corrupted. use another backup or rekey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back