Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 201i 3.0 login password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper222

Vendor
Mar 31, 2003
US
I have been sent to a site that has a new CallPilot 201i with 3.0 software. The system had been reset so the CallPilot is at the Server 2003 login. I do not know the password to logon. CallPilots used to be abc123 but I have tried this with no luck. Does anyone know what the OS logon password is now set to by default from Nortel?? Thanks ever so much.

bad news, the new software forces passord change at install. no way around it, and it can not be set back to the default without a new install. the good news is, you'll be able to make big $ retyping all those boxes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, sorry, by reset I meant hard drive go bye bye, new Nortel Imaged Hard drive shipped to them, it has the Call Pilot 201i pretty background and everything. So this would be the out of the box password.

Also, I have never had one go down where the HD had to be replaced. They have a backup that is only 2 days old, (Yeah, when has that ever happened). Does the full backup have everything or just the user/voice information or wouldn't it have the config too. Couldn't I, once I got Call Pilot Manager up, just do a restore and it all be done or will I need to go ahead and build all my system settings and then do the restore?

here's an idea.
Get ERD commander boot cd from Winternals.
Put the HDD in a computer as the only harddrive in the machine.
Boot the machine with the ERD commander boot CD.
Use the locksmith to clear the password.
If you want to replace the harddrive use ghost to copy 1 drive to the other.

cp 3.0 has a new default administrator password that is clearly documented in the installation docs of the cp 3.0 so it's not abc123. I had the same problem with a new installation just a week ago...

i2007

I2007,

Someone was kind enough to remove all documentation from the site. I guess they figured it waould server a better purpose in their truck than on site. I have not purchased the 3.0 books yet, I only have 2.0. Since you have the documentation, is there any major changes inthe install procedure on 3.0 than 2.xx series? thanks.

OK, I found the answer. Bvm_250!# And to yes, you can simply load the image CD provided by Nortel, Boot up, log in, use the Backup restore utility that is under Run Programs-CallPilot-Utilities and select restore, List the Tape contents, select the backup and WAIT. When done do the standard Configuration Wizard (not the Express) and verify all ino is correct. Wait for it to write to the DSP's and then reboot. All done. I hope this helps someone in the future.

ATTENTION: CORRECTION: I Meant Bvw_250!# NOT Bvm_250!# Sorry for the typo.

nortel has the doc's on cd rom, much eaiser to search then the hard copy.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back