Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 2.02 RAS/PCAnywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgansdad

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
US
Where would I find the docs on configuring the RAS settings for a 2.02 server. I set-up a dial-up connection to my callPilot server but won't authenticate? I know that my username and pwd is correct, I just wan't to verify the settings?

I can dial-up the modem, but It won't authenticate the username and password I am using. I have changed the password, verified on the server and it still fails? I have also tried the other user names on the server.

I got the RAS to work, modem settings were wrong, but the CallPilot is giving me an invalid subnet address. My RAS IP range is xxx.xxx.xxx.26-xxx.xxx.xxx.27. When I authenticate to the server my laptop gets ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.27 with a subnet of 255.255.255.255. I am unable to ping anything on the ELAN within that ELAN range, i.e., Optllc or the CallPilot? I believe its because of the invalid subnet, where is that coming from? Any ideas?

You have to enable access to your local area network in the RAS settings. You will find a check box somewhere around where you set the IP range. Then, your callpilot server will act as a router to the rest of your network. If you do this, your RAS IP range should give out ELAN addresses.

Hope this helps
Rob

The NICS in the CallPilot show up as ELAN[1] and CLAN[2] and I believe from what the docs say that the bindings are also wrong. Shouldn't it be CLAN[1] and ELAN[5]? If my settings are incorrect should I have this corrected? Again, CallPilot 2.02 201i.

I am also tryig to to get pcanywhere running with cp2.01 (201i) had no success so far . BUT I FOUND 1 (one) remark inthe NTP that pcanywhere will NOT run with 201i.
Has anybody a connections established ???

@joejool

Have you been authenticated by CP RAS service?

You have to be authenticated by the CP first, when this happens, you're assigned an IP address of 10.1.1.10 (this is the default IP address for the RAS pool if you haven't changed it.)

Once that is complete, PCAnywhere on the CP server, has to be in a waiting state and configured for a TCP/IP connection and nothing else. If its in any other configuration mode or not waiting for a connection, then you're not getting in.

Keep in mind, you don't have to access the CP server to use CP Manager. Once the RAS connection is established and you have been authenticated, open up your web browser and use the IP address you were assigned. This is also a good test to see if you have TCP/IP connectivity to the CP server over the RAS connection. If this process work, then PCAnywhere will work, as long as PCAnywhere is configured correctly.

That note that you're referring to in the NTP regarding the 201i pertains to relese 4.0 CP only, but even now that is incorrect since Nortel release an update on the 4.0 CP server that will allow PCAnywhere to work with the 201i

I do authenticate to the server, however when I do an ipconfig on the laptop that I dialed in with, I get an IP address from the static pool that I programmed, however the subnet comes up as 255.255.255.255 and I am unable to ping the CallPilot.

The IP address that your're getting, is this in the ELAN subnet, CLAN subnet or some other subnet entirely?

If the IP address you're getting isn't part of the CP CLAN subnet or ELAN subnet, then you're not going to be able to ping devices on those subnet until you manually add a route using the route add command. From the command line on your PC type: route add xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy where x is the destionation and y is the gateway - RAS server address. Note: you cannot navigate the network from the CP RAS connection unless you've configured RAS to allow access to the entire network....default setting is "this machine only"

Are you able to open cpmgr from your desktop using the assigned IP address you were given by RAS?

No, I am unable to even ping the server. When I go to Protocols, TCP/IP Protocol, Properties, what should be on Adapter [1]? ELAN or CLAN? Right now I have CLAN on [1] and ELAN on [2]. If they are reversed, what would be the correct procedure to change the IP addresses? Do I change them on the server and then re-run the Wizard? Or? All help is appreciated. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back