Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 2.01 and Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sejal21

MIS
Oct 27, 2006
CA
Hi,

One of the users in our system has just had a new laptop. It was installed with Outlook 2003 and Callpilot 2.01 to work with our BCM for Voicemail. (This was the configuration on the old system as well with Outlook 2003.)

For past couple of days, when the user receives a new Voicemail, the Message Waiting Light comes on the phone and then go off straight away.

Uptill now I have figured that when outlook is not turned on, the lights stay on untill the message is actually heard. But somehow when Outlook is running, the message is automatically marked as read. I have checked for the rules, auto preview on, or message mark as read ticked in the options, but all in vain.

Any help would be grately appreciated in the matter.

Thanks

Sejal21

If you are in Outlook and in CallPilot Message store and Inbox is highlighted it will show the messages as played and will turn off the light. The only time I look at the message store in outlook is when i want to save a message or forward it via e-mail..

Dwayne

Thanks for your reply suncomminc.

I know how to access the call pilot messages in the Outlook. My problem is that the messages are marked as read automaically in outlook. When I delete the Callpilot profile from outlook.. everything seems to run fine.

Any help will be appreciated please!! We havea few more users in the same senario now.

Sejal

Hi,

Just an update on the situation. Might help somebody else. We figured out that the callpilot.cpa and cst file were being corrupted by Outlook. We closed outlook. Deleted those two files from documents and settings/username/ and then reopened Outlook. The files were created again and the problem was sorted.

Hope this helps someone else as well.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back