Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 150 black button

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakeboardTX

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
I have a CallPilot 150 that is not working. All 4 line LED's flicker when powered up. I have confirmed the input voltage to be 9V DC. I've noticed a small black button on the circuit board. Anyone know what it is for?

I think the button was a reset of some kind I'm just not sure though. But I do know there was a problem with th 9 volt power supplies. They got to hot and sometimes even damaged the Call Pilot.

I hope you're talking about the actual board, and not the "eject button" for the sw cards.

Anyway, you said you've tested the pwr- is it a 2 or 3 prong? (Should be 2) Is this a new install? (if so, the pwr sply shouldn't matter, it should still boot up ok.)

What sw revs on vm and ICS?

I can't answer your final question yet, but you shouldn't have to break open the case to get your vm to boot up. Make sure you give it at least 10 min before expecting a response from f983.

I believe it is a MICS version 6.0
Don't know the CallPilot version offhand.
It was purchased and installed in January 2005 (new).
Breaking open the case is S.O.P. when peforming an autopsy.

3 pronged power supply cord
(the transformer accepts a power cord similar to a PC power cord) It was plugged into a recently repaired UPS. I think it's an ONEAC. There was reportedly and electrical storm in the area over the weekend. The MICS is plugged into the same UPS and there are no problems reported on it.

The older 3 prong power supplies have been identified as overkill by Nortel. Heavy emphasis on the word kill.

You can get a replacement power supply from a nortel vendor, but if the damage is done...

Thanks Rik.

Would the replacement power supply be external?
I assume the 3 prong supply your are referencing is the A/C plug and not the DC input plug to the CallPilot.

Dale

Yes to both questions. The power supply I'm referring to replaces the adapter from the outlet to the pwr input on the call pilot.

Takes all of 5 min to swap out. (if you have to cut tie wraps.)

I've purchased a replacement CallPilot and as a test I have swapped out the power supply (the new CallPilot had the new 2 prong power supply) and the system came right up. So, if I can find another power supply, I will have a working spare. Do you know where I might find one?

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back