Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 100 - Dial By Name & Auto Attendant Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

impacttechnology

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2017
US
Hey guys,
I'm new here so let me say hello to you all! I have a client who wants to have their existing CallPilot setup to use an Auto Attendant to Dial By Name/Directory.
I'm pretty lost on how to do this so any help would be appreciated. My main questions are:
[ul]
[li]Where would I go first to setup the Auto Attendant function?[/li]
[li]Once auto attendant is setup, where would I go to start setting up Dial By Name[/li]
[/ul]

The current voicemail version is 02.00.47.00.
The only installed applications we have is 30 subscriber mailboxes - do we need CallCenter for this to work?
Thanks!

In your Greeting mention "press # for our company directory by name"
Bionic Betty will then ask the caller to start spelling the persons first or last name.

When you create a mailbox one of the questions is "Directory Y or N, make it Y....this can be edited in MBOX, Change if the mailbox already exists.

This all covered in the Callpilot Setup and Operation Guide.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Ah okay, in my mailboxes, they have "Display in Directory" option and it is checked - is that what I'd be looking for?
Is the "Press # for directory" enabled automatically/standard feature or is that something we need to setup now?
Thanks for the help!

The spelling of the name is based on what you entered when the mailbox is created. You can select dial by last name, first name or either.

Marv ccna

Thanks guys, I just tested it out by pressing # when on the voicemail and I was able to flip through a few names. It didn't seem to want to let me press 7 four times to go to an "S" last name though.
The next step will be figuring out how to setup an Auto Attendant so users don't have to wait around for all the rings to get to the Directory.

7 four times to go to an "S" last name though"
Your not spelling as if you were programming, you are a caller in AA.
For Sally dial 72559 (S7,A2,L5,L5,Y9)

"so users don't have to wait around for all the rings to get to the Directory."
Did you mean until AA - Auto Attendant answers?
No more receptionist?

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thank you, that clarifies the spelling issues.
"Auto Attendant Answers?" - Yes, would that just be setting up greeting tables for specific times?

You can program
Answer Lines in AA/Lines
Schedule in AA/GreetingTable

Note that line names may not match programming line names so do Feature * 0 and press each line to see both names.
i.e Line 025 = Line 5 or maybe Line 031 = Line 5 depending on software level.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back