Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 100 B!, B2 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarm

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
Hello all, I've got a good one.

Recently installed a CP100 on a MICS5.0. (replaced a flash 2)

I have found that the CP is only seeing the B2 DN of whatever port it is connected to (F985).

As you cannot do a Forward No Answer to a B2 extension or really do any sort of programming at all with a B2 extension this is causing me quite a problem with the customer.

I have checked the wiring multiple times. Also, I find that when I connect a phone (T7316e) to the extension going to the -A- port of the CP it boots with the correct B1 DN.

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas at all are appreciated.

Thanks

I do not program the individual DNs to call forward on the voicemails. If you want to use it as an Auto Attendant, then just set the lines to answer in the line programming on the CP. Do a test with a line that is down your hunt chain, like a line 3 or 4. Test only one line by calling it to see if the CP picks it up.

Also check the B1 DN in maintneance on your Norstar to see if it registers that it is a CP port.

so when you do a feature 985 it does what? and if you fna to the dn shown for feature 985 it does what?>???

-lugerlover-
When you do a feature 985 it displays the B2 DN. However, I cannot do a fna to that DN because it is the B2. The system just will not take that number in the "FORWARD TO:____" field.

Hum darn good one.
Have another VM you can try? sounds like you may have a bad unit.

I myself have never seen this problem. letus know if you find the fix will ya :)

wasn't thier problems 5.0 release on the MICS when dealing with the PRI and DID's and the whole dtmf isuee and forwarding.

I would have to go with cook on this do a Reinstall of the CP.

Have you tried fna to the B1 anyway and seeing if it still picks up?

-AlquestTech_

Yes, I thought of that one also. It doesn't pick up when forwarded to the B1 DN.

Have you connected a laptop with a terminal emulator and watch the boot sequence to see if the CP is booting all the way up? What s/w level CP is it?

-gforce9-

I haven't watched the boot sequence yet but the voicemail does appear to be completely functioning (except for the problem of course) the release is 3.0.

It would be best to watch the boot sequence to make sure stuff like the s/w d-channels are loading in the CP. Do you have access to Nortels website? I have found that getting the exact CP rls of the CP(ie. 3.1.00.75.22), then looking at Nortels CR fixes for the next 2 rls after that one, often sheds a lot of light on CP problems. The best thing is to find out what animal you are fighting (watching the boot sequence). If you can capture it with ProComm or Hyperterminal, all the better. It may be the unit itself gone bad, it may be corrupted s/w or database, or it might require an upgrade or patch(if that issue is inherent in that s/w level). If the database is small (a few mboxes; 1 day, 1 night greeting) then do a reinstall as the other guys have suggested. If the database is large and/or you have keycodes,....how lucky do you feel? I may have those rls notes/CR fixes if you have the time....I don't know how pressing this is for you.

I just had the very same thing happen to me today. I spent 2 hours on it thinking i'd master it! Sorry to admit i couldn't but tryed everything! This system happens to have a PRI T-1 too. they upgraded frm a star talk flash. I had to put that one back in and get rid of the call pilot. I hope u get some answers. I sure will be watching for the replies! Good luck to you. I'll also let you know if i find something out.

This happened to me on CP100 rls 2.0 about a year ago. I changed the phone system exts from 3 to 4 digits and the call pilot showed the b2 vm DN. We had to send it back to Nortel. They said something was corrupt with the boot sequence.
Hope this helps:)

I also had this happen to me, it's a bad cp 100 we sent it back to nortel.

I have a Nortel Flash, now is workin with 3 digits but the MICS 7.0 is upgrade with 4 digits, how can i do to change the Flash to 4 Digits with out loos the message in the general_delivery message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back