Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 100 3.0 Call Center reporting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

namaskar

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2004
US
I have a tech whose having an issue with a CallPilot 100 not sending out the call data on the default ports. The Call Report Application server uses default ports 2222, 2223, 2224 for the information to be received from the device. He can check those ports using NETSTAT –AB (this lists out the ports the PC is listening on and the application responsible for the port) and they show up fine, however when he runs the diagnostic test on the application server, the result is “connecting to call pilot on control port 2222 : FAILED” His conclusion is that this tells him the Call Center Application Server isn't receiving data on the 3 default ports that the CallPilot should SEND data outbound ON to the server.

Can anyone tell us how to change the Call Pilots call reporting utility back to the proper default ports, or at least to discover what ports it is NOW using? He can always change the PC to listen to any port, once we discover what they are.

Not sure about the question but you can run the Nortel Networks Call Center Reporting Connection again by stopping this service in Windows start>settings>control panel>administrative tools>services.
The you can start the Nortel Networks Call Center Reporting Connection again.

Also if you have not done so already. You should reboot both the CallPilot and the Reporting server.

I am the TECH he is posting for...

Steps that have been taken:

1) backup config using BRU application
2) rebooted the call pilot
3) call pilot is using latest firmware
4) call pilot is manageable via TCP/IP
5) call center application server has been re-installed JIC,
6) stopping app serv in order to use the CONFIG app, that has a testing utility with it... bings the above response.
7) call pilot is directly connected via X-over cable

basically the call pilot platform should send out control data on port 2222, real time data on 2223, and history data 2224 (see call pilot installation 3.0 guide PDF)

This is a NEW install, the call pilot responds with the default port, however only on PORT 80.

the test utility basically uses "TELNET" to the 3 ports to test the call pilot, all 3 tests fail.

the QUESTION is this:

Is there somewhere in the webadmin/management to configure the call pilots Call Center Reporting utlity OUTBOUND PORTS?
and by ports I mean TCP/IP ports.

as a side note: it behaves as if the call center reporting license key has not been installed, tho it lists the key.
shoudl i uninstall the key and reinstall it?

I'am having the same problem is their anyone out their that has actually have it working yet need help please.

I have it working on several site but it is the biggest pain in the ass ever! Nortel really knows how to piss me off! If at first you don't succeed reinstall (this comes from Nortel tech support).

i have a question for you guys out their.i purchased a call pilot 3.0 enhanced it says that call reporting is installed i can't get it to work, now does this mean i also need to get a keycode to enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back