Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 1.07 low on storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

opusx2

MIS
Jun 6, 2002
US
We have a Callpilot 201i running 1.07 server/client. For the past few months we've been battling storage issues on Callpilot. As it sits now, we have about 2% storage free out of the initial 4GB partition which translates to about 82MB free.

What made us aware of the storage problem is a situation where we had to make some changes in the application builder and was not able to load any of the applications. We called our telco providers and they suggested that we start freeing up some of the storage by deleting the users that are inactive. So far, we've deleted about 30 users, a few of which had full mailboxes (30 minutes). we have not see any storage regained from the deletion of these inactive users. Is there something that need to be run to possibly reclaim the storage? Can the problem with the App builder possibly be caused by the lack of storage?

Thanks

might want to check to make sure that your backups are not being kept on you local, had a problem with that, you may (shouldn't) need to power cycle or even defrag the drive to recover that mem... with mem that low the box can't run background that would help with the problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the response John,

I looked at the backup settings and from the logs, it looks like all the backups are going to the primary tape device. *If* there are backups on the hard drive, what filename/location would they be under? Is it safe to do a chkdsk or defrag on the data drive?

don't remember the ext of the backup files, cvs, csv?.. my cp is still in the works (late Jan).. and yes, it is a sever and normal server utilities can be used.. how much storage are users allowed? i make sure to set a limit of 7 days to retain read mail. 10 for unread, your getting very close to a system down, if the mem is really that low (not a false reading) she want boot...the fact that you did clean up some bad boxes with no response from the unit, may point at bigger trouble.. schedule a restart, before the unit goes blue screen...very ugly picture

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In my quest to free up additional space on our Call Pilot Server, I discovered that I have a fine in 2 different locations. The filename is bluedat1.db and it's located:

D:\nortel\database
and
D:\nortel\sysops\backup\database

Looking at the one in the backup folder it looks like haven't been modified in over 2 years. Is this file safe to delete since it haven't been accessed in so long? What does this file do?

when in doubt, mov or rename the file, then if it does not cause trouble, even during a reboot.. i would delete it.. not a nortel procedure, just my way of not messing up

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back