Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallManager DST Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavesg

Technical User
Jul 11, 2001
US
Does anyone know what the callmanager DST update actually updates? I know cisco has an OS patch for the time change, but I was wondering what Callmanager patch updates and why is needed.

Stay cool; it’s not over yet!

I found out that if you don't do the CallManager DST patch along with the OS patches, not only does the time on the phone not change at 2:00AM, you can't even reboot the phone and get it to change!!!! This only seems to affect the 7940/60/12, etc. With the DST patch I have had mixed results with the older phones auto updating the time. Out of 3 tries, only once did they auto update to the new time. Other than that I had to restart them.

Yeah we just contacted TAC and they sent us all the info needed. We are leaving it right to the last minute and doing it all the last frday before the change. :-S

They told us to first upgrade the OS on the publisher then to install CM 4.2(3) from our original 4.2.(1) version. And then do the subscriber.

Unity was a snap to do. And IPCC the CD's for the upgrades are on order.

I bet you were surprised when you saw that none of the 79xx phones had the correct time this morning.
It has to do with the way they get their time from the CM.
Even though the CM OS might show the correct time the phones didn't.
When your system was setup the Engineer / Architect most likely configured a device pool and assigned a “DATE/TIME GROUP” to it. That is where the device is getting its time from. Unfortunately you can only choose from within the selections given. GMT-5, GMT-4 etc. no one thought about DST and the consequences it could present when all the sudden we jump from GMT-Y to GMT-X especially when GMT changes to DST on a different day than the rest of the world. Until CISCO comes up with an automatic fix or patch, you can give your 79xx the correct time by creating a dummy “DATE/TIME GROUP” and adjusting the time zone GMT-X minus 1hour. Have fun! I did :)

Did you do the Cisco recommended steps for the DST patch or just something like TZEDIT? I updated and tested 3 different systems and all I had to do was reset the 7960/7940 phones to get them to show the correct time. The 7941 and 7961's got the new time on their own.
Depending on your CCM version you had to update the Cisco-OS, run the DST patch for CCM and update the phone load for the 41/61's. None of our customers complained this morning.

We are running into a similar issue, however all of our phones pointed to the Publisher are fine. Only phones who are pointed to one of our Subscriber servers pull the wrong time.

We have verified the time zone time in the database and done a reboot of all servers after TAC recommended we reapply the DST patch.

The dummy Date/Time group is an interesting idea.

Do you guys know if CCM 4.3(1) has the DST patches built in? It was released just last month, and comes with Win 2003, so it's a "start from scratch" deal... Just wondering if we'll have surprises come next October/November when DST resets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back