Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

callmanager 4.1 7936 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm9776

Technical User
Aug 21, 2005
US
I have a callmanager 4.1 and had a network down issue this week. Since this time the 7936 conf phones have not registerd back to callmanager. Currently they are stuck on configuring ip address. I have checked the DHCP server for the mac addresses of the phones and clear out any leases that they currently had. I have power cycled the phones and they still do not come back up. I would apreciate any suggestions anyone has.

Thanks,
Jm9776

So have actually unplugged the power supply from the outlet and let it reset that way?

That is correct. They have been disconnected from the network and power supply. The strange thing is all of the 7940's and 60's have not had a problem. DHCP is up and running also is the TFTP service from callmanager.

Make sure you have a TFTP server defined on the phone. Early versions of the Conference phones, the TFTP server had to be manually inputted. It may have gotten wiped out.
Also did anything change network-wise with your outage that could prevent the phones from getting to the CCM?

pndscm is correct about the TFTP setting. Also, the default router must be set if the 7936 is on a different network or subnet than the DHCP server. Make sure all of your other network settings are correct. And check that "DHCP enabled" is set to yes.

Try and reset the phones via the CCM....

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Could be a few things. I have had each happen after a network down issue with a 7936

1 - 7936 becomnes unuseable and needs to go back to Cisco by way of RMA or follow these steps first:

2 - I have had to do a factory reset on the 7936, and rebuild it, and it worked. Also shut/no shut the data port it connects to

Thank you all for your help. I ended up just assigning static ip addresses and TFTP ip's on each phone. Once this was done they registered right away.

One thing no one mentioned (that I noticed anyways) was double check your switch configuration to make sure that it still had the voice vlan on the port configuration.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

If you had to hard code the IP address and TFTP server, I'd say the phone can't get to your DHCP server. Almost sounds like during your network down issue, someone forgot to put in an ip helper statement in your router interface or an access-list is blocking DHCP traffic. That is, if your DHCP server is not on the same network as your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back