Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallManager 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcoz

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
IT
Hi
I'd like to know how patch callmanager 3.3 to the latest version of patch free available

Marco

OK thx, but can I install the 3.3.5-sr2c if my version is 3.3.3-sr2?

There is a patch/upgrade file that you need to run to go from CCM 3.3.3 to 3.3.5. Then you apply the 3.3.5 SR patches.

Ok perfect.
Now, another question ..:)
If I would'like to upgrade to latest available CCM version (I think 6.0 ) how I can to do?
There's mandatory step that can I do? (to install the latest patch of my release (3-3-3)?

I believe the upgrade path would be this. Upgrade from CCM 3.3 to CCM 4.1 to CCM 4.2 to UCM 6.X. There is no direct upgrade from CCM 3.3 to UCM 6.X. Another path would be CCM 3.3 to CCM 4.1 to UCM 5.1 to UCM 6.1.

However, if you have had a CCM 3.3 for a while, I doubt your hardware will support UCM 6.X. So you would have to buy new hardware, then install CCM 3.3, backup your existing system, restore it to the new hardware and etc.etc.

Unless you have a HUGE system, I would build the new hardware as UCM 6.X and build it up from scratch using the BAT tool to bring in your phones/users. Run it on a test LAN until you are ready to slide it in place. A quick unplug and plug of the ethernet cable and let the phones upgrade their software.

You could do the same with the upgrade path but it's probably almost as labor intensive building a new system as to do all the upgrades and then test everything. Depends on how good you are with BAT.

You can also go CCM 3.3 to CCM 4.1 to UCM 6.X. No need to add an additional step going to 4.2. I went from 4.1.3 to 6.0.1. Worked like a champ. Careful though, the new system may not let CCM 3.3 install. OS disc is too old. Go to CCM 4.1 on the old hardware - even the very old 800 Mhz DL320 (original MCS 7825) will support 4.1.X. Then migrate to your new hardware and then on to 6.X.

Licensing has changed from 4.X to 6.X, so you could run into issues there. Upgrading from 4 to 6 factors that in during the upgrade process. Definitely read the upgrade doc when going to 6! :)

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back