Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling you QSIG guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredLocks

Vendor
Jul 10, 2008
GB
Hi,

I have and issue with Path Replacement not working between MD110 and Avaya Communication Manager and I would be grateful if someone could help with the following:

Simple call scenario:
MD110 calls Avaya who transfers back to MD110.

The MD110 makes use of the 'Common Information'(Feature List)IE to inform the Avaya that this call is available for PR. However, the Avaya does not use the 'Common Information'IE and never sends the info back on the second leg to the MD110. Therefore, when PR is attempted the MD110 rejects it as 'Service not available' as the second leg was not enabled for PR due to the 'Feature List'missing in the SETUP form Avaya.

I checked the ISO Spec for ANF-CMN and it appears to be an 'Optional' feature and therefore should not block PR.

So, the question is:

Can the feature list be disabled on the MD110 and still have QSIG features or are they tied in together?
Anyone get PR working between MD110 and Avaya?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
I had this issue once and it was the Avaya. They had not programmed their trunks correctly. Get them to check and find out if they are programmed for 64k speech (on mine they were 3.1 audio)?

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

The Avaya is configured for 3.1K Audio but are you sure that had an effect on Path Replacement?

Ericsson tech says it is because the Avaya does not send the 'Feature List' within the setup that goes back to the MD110.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back