Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling XML file that is generated real-time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksbigfoot

Programmer
Apr 15, 2002
CA
I created a picture slideshow that calls an .asp page
If I have just the XML code it works fine
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<images>
  <pic>
     <image>images/First.jpg</image>
     <caption>First Image</caption>
  </pic>
</images>
but if I add any asp tags it doesn't work
Code:
<%
  'Just a commented out line
%>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<images>
  <pic>
     <image>images/First.jpg</image>
     <caption>First Image</caption>
  </pic>
</images>
Does any one know why?
And how would I generate an XML page before the flash player loads the XML page up into memory?

is that code embedded into a FLash application? If so, I think that's the problem, I've had lots of problems with putting web languages into flash in the past other than simple html.
theres a link to a tutorial for a XML gallery on my site
------------------------------------
The number one Flash resource on the net, from Flash tutorials to Flash games, check out

Howdy hybrid11,
I am using Flash 8.
I have the XML working, I just wanted my flash to call a .asp page instead of the .xml file, then the .asp page would pass back the .xml file.

This is what I did to make it work:
What I did instead is made a separate .asp page that the user has to run and it creates an .xml file based on images in a directory. So as soon as they create the .xml file, then the next time the flash player is called, it loads in the new .xml file.

thanks again,
ksbigfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back