Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calling vbscript from javascript

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogesh

Programmer
Jun 22, 2000
US
Hi guys,<br>I am&nbsp;&nbsp;using (Frontpage)javascript at the client side and i want to display data on the fields which is on the client side using vbscript on server side.<br>pls let me know.<br><br>Thanks in advance<br>yogesh<br>

Server-side scripting is only performed at the time the page loads, it is not something you can call back to the server to perform, you can however hava javascript reload your ASP posting it a form with new values so that your page can act accordingly. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

how to reload javascript page&nbsp;&nbsp;with&nbsp;&nbsp;new values which are read by an asp so that my page can act accordingly. <br><br>Thank<br>yogesh

Yogesh,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm not sure I understand your question exactly,&nbsp;&nbsp;but if you want to retrieve values on the server using VBscript, and have them available on the client to use with Javascript, this is how.&nbsp;&nbsp;If not, please rephrase your question.<br><br>&lt;%<br>dim MyVBscriptValue<br>MyVBscriptValue = &quot;4&quot;<br>response.write &quot;&lt;SCRIPT&nbsp;&nbsp;language='Javascript'&gt;&quot; & vbcrlf<br>response.write &quot;var MyJavascriptVarable = &quot; & MyVBscriptValue & &quot;;&quot; & vbcrlf<br>response.write &quot;&lt;/SCRIPT&gt;&quot; & vbcrlf<br>%&gt;<br><br>I'd suggest doing this inside the &lt;HEAD&gt;&lt;/HEAD&gt; tags.<br><br>Then the variable MyJavascriptVariable will contain an inital value of 4, and will be available to all scripts on the client side.<br><br> <p>nick bulka<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back