Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling to South Africa from the US - Add international code? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanYsidro

Technical User
Aug 17, 2004
US
I have a user at one of my remotes that is trying to call South Africa - 9 011 27 44 XXX XXXX

After they enter the last digit, there is a pause & they get a fast busy.

I CAN successfully call the number here from our main location - no problem. I do know that when a user is trying to call a domestic number they sometimes have problems because the area code needs to be added in LD 90 - I do know about that & how to add the area codes.

Guess I'm just a little confused as I've never verified an International code. Can anyone give me a step-by-step in what I should look for and how to add it?

Option 11C = V3.0+

If you can call it. check remote office setup is spn 011 in there? RLI reference? NCOS on user's set high enough for FRL on RLI??

Mato' Was'aka

I know that I can call London from that location as I have done that a few times.
I just reset the NCOS to 5 from 2
Anything else that I should look at?
Thanks for your patience; I'm still learning ;-)

I would have that step tested prior to digging deeper

Mato' Was'aka

If you have a dedicated LD circuit, you might also want to check TGAR on the phones and compare to TARG on your Trunks.

Mato

Makes sense -
THANK YOU!
I will contact the user.

Does the remote site have there own trunks to make this call or do they use your trunks via a Tie line?

If they use there own trunks, verify that 011 is in LD 90 as an SPN 011 and that the RLI it goes to is a COT/PRI trunk and in the RLI what NCOS does it take to use it.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

The user didn't want to try calling again after I changed the NCOS (due to time window) so I asked him to try calling the London Time & Temperature recording.
He was able to call successfully, so I'm hoping the NCOS was the issue.
Should have thought of that myself; thanks to y'all for the kickstart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back