Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Party Transformation Patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
CA
This is not what I would consider a material problem (depending on whose perspective) but it is interesting technically.

I have a group of phones, all of which want to display a common number for both internal calls and external calls. Each person has their own individual DID. Whenever anyone makes a call from their phone, this common number shows on caller ID internal or external.

How this has been accomplished - calling party transformation mask. This mask is applied at the device pool level. I make a call from any of these phones and it shows the common number.

Here is the problem: when hitting the voicemail button, the transformation mask is applied and the number sent to unity is the common number and NOT the individual's DID. There is no mailbox associated with the common number which sends the person to the open greeting for unity. The person can always press *, the DID and the PIN to get to their VM. Not a big deal to me, however, it is for others.

Has anyone done this before and was able to overcome the wrong calling number being sent to unity?

couldnt you use the line ' external phone number mask' and alerting settings to deliver the common number visually, rather than actually changing their number with a transform? then internal and external callers would still get the common number, but their actual number wouldnt be changed so voicemail wouldnt be affected. Tho I admint I might be missing some key piece that would negate this solution.

Keithja, i agree. Or I would just do a translation on the gateway if i really had to.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back