Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Party Name Delivery - CS1000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

exmcier

Technical User
Mar 1, 2012
US
I'm trying to find out if there is a way to send out an overide calling party name over an NI2 PRI. I've played with. I've added a CPND name to the CLID table via UCM web GUI, but no luck. CNDA is set to Allowed.
Any ideas?

What I figured. At the mercy of Telco to re-register a single DID. Re-mapping caller ID/ANI works. Re-mapping Calling party name does not. Probably has to do with which NI2 parameter Nortel wants to use versus what parm NI2 requires for transport of calling party name?

If it's Nortel to Nortel you might get it to work but you would have to work closely with your provider. Settings in the D-channel under RCAP might be able to be altered, but once again, doubtful if the carrier will allow it. I have heard of people getting it to work but have no hard evidence. Every carrier is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back