Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling one report from another

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishmish

Programmer
May 25, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a screen where a user can select to print out
a range of catalogs. The catalogs are printed
out in a main report with this statement in
the open report event of my report:
DoCmd.ApplyFilter , &quot;[BillofMaterials.Catalog]>=&quot;&quot;&quot; & StartingCatalog & &quot;&quot;&quot; AND [BillofMaterials.Catalog]<=&quot;&quot;&quot; & EndingCatalog & &quot;&quot;&quot;&quot;

At the end of my report, I'm trying to call another
report to print out a parts list for the current catalog that is being printed. The problem is that after the parts report is called and my parts list is printed, the main report does not continue printing. As an example, a user selects to print out Catalog # 1-10. In the CatalogFooter
of Catalog 1, the Parts list report is called. After
the Parts list report is printed out, the main report
does not open again. It just stops. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks,
mishmish

report that prints a number of catalogs n the catalogfooter section of my report I'm trying to call another report. This is other report is an index of parts. When the index ends, I want my main report to continue processing. However, this isn't happening.
When the

Use a subreport to print the parts list for each catalog or from the code calling the catalog report, call the parts reports.

Jim.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I did consider using a subreport.
However, I really need to have two columns in this
parts list. I tried setting the column settings for the
subreport to 2, however, these settings didn't carry over when I ran my main report. I could have set my main report for two columns but I only want the parts index portion to be in two columns.

About your second suggestion, are you saying that I can call the main report from the parts list report. So, that I would call the parts list report when I get to the Catalog footer of my main report. Then, when my Parts list has finished printing, I would call the main report again. I'm not sure if I misunderstood you on this, but I did try to call my main report from my parts list. I had an openreport statement in the footer of my parts list. However, I kept getting the message, &quot;Cannot carry out this action while there is still processing.&quot;

I don't know. I feel pretty stuck on this.

Thanks,
mishmish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back