Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling name delivery 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenie2

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
US
We are set up with NI2 in the switch using b protocol, we get the number but not the name of the calling party. XO Communications says it is because I have a V6 Definity switch that I can't get the name. Does anyone know if this is true?

I wasn't receiving Caller Name with versions 6 and now I am with version 12 (just upgraded last Thursday). Course now there are times I can't see Caller Number when I want it.

I believe I was using b protocol before. Can't recall which screen to check that on -- I'm still waiting for the documentation.

Anyway know how to control what is displayed on Display Phones?

I believe there is a place on the trunk group about delayed caller info that you need to mark y.

I'll try the delayed caller name. BTW, on my trunk group it says I'm using Supplementary Service Protocol 'a' .

Also, Versions 6 is rather old. It took me getting training last year on version 11 to be able to argue my way through getting an upgrade to 12.

I retired from Lucent when the V9 came out. In the universe I'm living in, I am grateful to get a V6. Upgrades are not an option since this company is unwilling to pay. I read another post that says name capatibility came with V8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back