Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calling hunt group with line group members from an ext with vm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sctmorse2

Vendor
Apr 9, 2013
US
HI I have a mitel 3300 w MAS server running Nupoint. I have line group call flows that have hunt groups pointed at them. I can call those hunt groups directly from an internal phone that does not have a vm box associated with it. My problem occurs when I try and call or transfer to that hunt group from an ext that has a vm box. The nupoint recognizes my ext as having VM and gives the nupoint greeting of hello (mbXXXX). The customer wants the ability to call these direct from any phone and I have tried many COS settings on the sets as well as the VM ports. I feel like this should be able to be achieved and im hoping that I have just missed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How do you have your routing configured exactly? And what line group settings do you have? By the sounds of it I would change your call flows to a mailbox call flow and point your hunt groups there. With line groups you have to be careful of your line group config settings.

Hunt group with Line group members?

Does this mean you have divided your system into multiple line groups and each linegroup has a separate Call flow?

If so, Alphamann is correct, scrap that and rebuild with 1 line group, route the hunt group to VM and create a Mailbox associated Callflow matching the hunt group DN

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I understand what you are both saying but the current config is in use already and all call flows are recorded by the customers "voice person" so thats not really an option. I was able to create an ext and cfa calls to the hunt group for transferring purposes and all other aspects of the line groups are working fine. I just thought that this might be common or that I was missing something. Thank you both for taking the time.

It is not common as the way your system is designed is flawed and unnecessary.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel is correct, the setup is flawed. You also risk some serious issues, depending on how many ports you have and how you divided them into line groups they could be maxed out at times and users may not get their menu correctly. Also there may be ways of a person calling in and flubbing up and somehow getting into the wrong locations. Trust me if there is a hole someone will find it, even inadvertently. If your recordings are already done there are two potential solutions, but it means some time and work.

To get your recordings I recommend 2 ways:

[ol 1]
[li]Setup call recording to voicemail if you have the license and it is configured. Call into the Call Flows, go through all options until you have all of the recordings recorded. [/li]
[li]If you do not have call recording setup a SIP device and use a free client such as 3cx. Then get a 1/8" to 1/8" adapter. On your PC or laptop loop your record port to your sound port. You will have to play around with your record levels and sound levels to get a good record volume. Then use the SIP client to call in the same way. Use some sort of free recording software and record all the action ID's.
[/li]
[li]If you are really desperate and you can't get the other ways working use a microphone to the handset to record solution (you will need to play with levels and distance etc)
[/li]
[/ol]

Once you have the recordings use something like Audacity to cut, adjust the recordings and get them into the correct format, (8bit mono, u-law I believe) for each action ID.
Setup your new mailboxes with their call flows etc.

From the Call Director screen you should be able to import your recordings.

Fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back