Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Groups 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritelcarlos

Technical User
Dec 19, 2005
US
Hello

My question is i have a system that has a acs proc 5/9.
What i would like to do is have a option off of the partner mail ring a group of phones in a circular hunt. i know how to set up the voice mail my question is can i have the phone system hunt phones in a circular hunt

thank you

There are 8 hunt groups in a Partner ACS.

Group 7 is reserved for Voice Mail ports.

Group 8 is reserved for FAX Machines.

The other 6 groups are 771 through 776.

Assign your extensions in #505-(Group Number 1-8)-1=Assigned

If your voice mail is Partner Messaging, go into System Admin, Extensions, dial your group number extension (and #), then 2 to give it Transfer Only permission.

Then use a selector code to do a Selector Code Transfer to the calling group's extension number.

Ok how about if i wanted to have 3 phones ring than if no answer have it go to 3 other phones than if no anwser voice mail box can that be done

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Not really......

You can have a group of phones ring simultaneously, and have that cover to a mailbox, but not to a 2nd group before the voice mail.

You could have the group ring and return to a 2nd auto attendant, giving the caller the option of pressing a digit to leave a message in a mailbox, or timeout/0 to another group (this time, the 1st AND 2nd set of extensions), and then have that 2nd group cover to a mailbox if still not answered.

So you'd have the initial auto attendant say "For sales, press X", a bunch of phones ring, another auto attendant answers with "all operators are busy. To leave a message press 1, or to continue holding, stay on the line", which transferes the caller to the 2nd group. (pressing 1 goes straight to a mailbox). When the 2nd group doesn't answer, it can cover directly to a mailbox that says "obviously no one is going to take your call, so leave a message", OR, you could send the call back to that same 2nd auto attendant, which is sort of like call queuing.

Ok could you please tell me what i need to program to have the overflow to a mailbox i will program the voice mail to transfer the call to 772 which will ring 3 phones i just dont know how to get the call to voice mail if there is no answer THANK YOU

Put the extensions in CALLING Group 2 - #502-2-XX-1

For each of the Voice Mail port extensions, set their Transfer Return Extensions to themselves - #306-XX-XX

Set the Transfer Return Rings to one LESS than the number rings that you want the group the ring before the VM answers - #105-X

In the Voice Mail, create mailbox 72, WITH a phone.

Set the selector code to transfer to Ext. 72.

The call will transfer to the Group, and if unanswered will return to the Voice Mail and be answered by Mailbox 72.

Now, what about a Message Waiting light for Mailbox 73? Depends on the model and revision of voice mail. If it is Partner Messaging R6 or R7, use "phantom mailbox destination" to put the incoming message into an actual extension's mailbox, so that the MW light will show, OR, put it into one of the unused General Mailboxes (9991, 9992, 9993, or 9994) so that you can specify the extension that will light up, but the mailbox will be separate from the extension's own mailbox.

TTT, wouldn't a loop-around work in this case? One separate ext-CO loop for each "group", delayed CO ring on the second loop ext, and vms cover on the last ext? Then assign each group of phones to the appropriate loop line(s).

A loop-around would work, but you could also use it for this:

-Set the Transfer Return Rings to something like 6.
-Add an extension looped to a CO to the calling group.
-Make that CO be incoming only with delayed ring and a unique ring tone on those stations that need to cover the group.

Now the call transfers to the group, it rings 3 times, it continues to ring but it also rings those extensions that have the "line", and it covers to the group's mailbox if still not answered.

I would probably teach the coverers to use pickup instead of answering the "line" just to keep it available for another alering call. Put the pickup on a button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back