Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calling groups 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritelcarlos

Technical User
Dec 19, 2005
US
Hello
Could someone help please
I have a customer that has 3 lines into a hunt group and they would like to set up a hunt sequence in their system when a call comes in
there are 3 extensions they are 13 23 33 what they would like if a call comes in it rings ext 13 if no answer in 2 rings goes to 23 if no answer goes to 33 if no answer goes to 13 and starts over THE SYSTEM IS A MAGIX 3.0 CK4 V7
THE SYSTEM IS IN HYBRID MODE AND THE 3 LINES ARE IN POL 895
THANK YOU

Put a delayed ring primary cover button for ext 13 on ext 23. Then put a delayed ring primary cover button for ext 23 on ext ext 33. It will ring twice at 13, then ring twice at 23, then ring twice at 33, then ring back to 13 - and eventually get to 13's VM box or ring until the party hangs up. It will not repeat the sequence.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Hello Tom
I set up on our test system the sequence in a calling group but it only works if the phone is busy it never fowards on a ring no answer. What i did was i programed calling group 775 to overflow to 776 but it only over flows on a busy meaning if the member of group 775 is on the phone. If the member is not on the phone it just rings for ever. If i put an DND btn on the phone it fowards to the overflow group. Do you know why it only overflows on a busy? thank you for your help.

It depends on the type of group you setup - autologin vs. autologout. Autologin assumes group members are available and are automatically logged in as available. Autologout assumes group members are logged out and unavailable - unless they login. If they fail to take the call - they are automatically logged out.

Not sure why you are using groups as compared to cover buttons.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Tom the reason why i dont want to use cover btn is because i dont want the other phones to get each other calls just the calls in the group if i put a coverage btn on each phone it will ring everytime the other phone gets a call even a direct dial ext call thru the auto att is that right

That is correct - which is why I suggested a delayed ring cover button.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Tom if i use the delayed ring cover btn the other extension could still get a direct dialed call correct. I dont want that to happen the other thing is that i labled the calling group with a name so they would know how to answer the call its a special name . maybe i need to talk about the log in feature that you suggested if i set up calling groups and i put one member in each group lets say i have three calling groups 775 776 777 and i have one extensions in each group
lets say 112 113 114 what i would like is call comes in rings 775 agent is not logged in goes to 776 agent is not logged in goes to 777 agent is logged in takes call i have two questions how do i program a log in key and how do they log in once i get your responce im going to set this up here at my office THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP

The login key is just an ES2 button - programmed under ES Status. So to program it - either go to the phone or use centralized programming.

At the phone press Menu, Prog, touch any blank button, press List - scroll to ES Status and press enter, choose ES2 and press enter. The button should now display ES2.

Make each of the groups Hunt Type Linear and set the Group type to autologout.

Then set up the 2nd Group as a Support Group for the 1st and the third Group as a Support Group for the 3rd.

To set one Group as a Suppoprt for the other - go to system program, more extentions, more group calling, more, support - key in Group #1 and press enter, keyin the support group and press enter.

See if it works.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Tom it still only overflows on a busy any other ideas

But - isn't that what they want?? For the calls to overflow on busy, i.e when the extention is not available??

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

well yes but i need to make sure that if the agent steps away from the desk the call rings a couple of times than fowards. i know i can program an dnd but you know how people are they will forget and the phone will just ring no answer theres got to be an way i can foward ring no answer what do you think

Try changing the Group Types to autologin - with no ES2 buttons - however I believe the call will ring 6 times before going to the next support group on a no answer - unless a DND button is activated.

With the previous setup - if the one member does not log out - on a no answer the system will automatically log him out - and the next call (not the initial call) will go to the next support group.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

ok i will try if it works is there a way of chaging the rings from six to 3 thank you for all your help

You can play with each extention's "Group Cover" rings - but I am not sure it will have an affect. I don't believe there is a way to change the number of rings that will ring at a group member's phone - before the call routes to the support group. There is a rather lengthy section on Group Coverage in the Feature Reference Manual - but I never tried to read it in great detail - for typical Calling Group setups - there may be some clues to your solution to be found in that 30 page or so Chapter.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Tom thank you for all your help i think its time for a new system happy holiday

Have one calling group say 775 and put all your three extensions within that group. Have the Calling Group type by Auto Logout: this sets up so if calls are not answered in about 5 rings it rings the next extension in that group. Set the Hunt type to be Linear so it rings from top to bottom in the list.

Actually - that's a pretty good solution cowpokes provided - but there is no way to circle it back. They would still need log-in/logout buttons on each extention - if the group is set to autologout.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back