Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Groups & Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshull

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2004
US
Hi,

I have a Partner ACS 6 and Voicemail R1.

I setup a calling group for 3 employees (ext 71) and calling group 2 for 6 employees (ext 72).
When I setup the selector code in the automated attendant, it works perfectly. It transfers the call to the proper calling group and after 5 rings it then transfer it to the voicemail box for ext 71 or ext 72 appropriately.

My question is, how come when I dial 71 or 72 on an internal intercom it will dial the calling group and ring the proper employees but it just continues to ring over and over and never goes to voicemail. Also, if I have a caller on the outside and do a voicemail transfer to 71 or 72 it just puts the caller on hold. It never transfers to 71 or 72 voicemail.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

There's no VMS coverage setting for the calling groups. When transferring from the AA, it is the unanswered transfer return that gets it back to the voice mail and into the mailbox.

You could transfer a caller to 777, wait for the voice mail to answer, expecting you to log in and check your messages, and then dial *871 (or *872), then hang up. It would be the voice mail making the transfer at this point, so voice mail would end up covering if unanswered.

Finally, you could set up a guest mailbox, with a phantom extension of mailbox 71 or 72. For instance, create mailbox 51, record the same greeting as in mailbox 71, and make 71 its phantom destination. Then when you want to send a caller to mailbox 71, use VMS Transfer (Feature 14) and dial 51.

Tommy,

I appreciate your response. I pretty much read the same thing in another thread after I posted this and thought that was the case. It really isn't that big of a deal as the most important thing is that when a caller dials in using the AA, if the group doesn't answer it goes to their group voicemail. That works perfectly. If a caller dials in or hits 0 to speak to the operator I was just thinking that she could do the work of transfering to 71. Since that doesn't work, it would be just fine transfering to the proper person anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back