Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Group w/o VM coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamup

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
US
A customer wants all inbound calls answered by AA, where selecting the option for Operator will ring a 502 calling Group consisting of several extensions, until one finally answers. In other words, no VM coverage for the calls to this Calling Group. A call may sometimes ring more than 9 times, and must eventually be answered by a person.
However, these individual extensions should have VM coverage for calls transferred to a single specific extension, that also may be a member of this 502 Calling Group.

A 502 Paging Group is already set up as 71

Slot 1 - 308
Slot 2 - Voice Msg R7
Slot 3 - ACS R7 509

I hope I have not omitted any important detail
Any help with this configuration will be appreciated.

I think you are set. Go into the admin programming for the auto attendant. Modify the menu so that dial zero transfers the caller to x71. This will ring (and ring) the calling group until someone answers it. Calls transferred to specific extensions will still get voicemail as long as it is assigned.

I have set up all 4 calling groups for appropriate extensions.

#505 vm ports are set at 27-32 for the 6 port card and verified by calling these intercom numbers.
#206 assigned all 6 lines to group 7

I set up AA #1 w/dial zero timeout transf to ext 74 [calling group 4]

I can't get the AA to answer - extensions ring when I dial any of the 6 numbers -no AA

I wonder where I went wrong?

Help is always appreciated

Ooops! I forgot to turn off ringing at extensions - that helps.

never mind-
Thank you-
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back