Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Group Hunt Type Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidelinesammy

Vendor
Jan 11, 2012
US
I need to know if it's possible to create a Hunt Group (Calling group, whatever) in the Magix system that will ring multiple extensions collectively, IE all at the same time. I'm working in a school system and all calls ring into the Merlin Mail system. When someone dials selector code "5," I need the call to ring to a group of 3 extension in the principal's office simultaneously. It's been awhile since I did this type of programming on the Magix and I was sure it was possible but darned if I can figure out how to do it. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Newer releases have "Group ring" as an option under the calling group. That will ring the phones at the same time.

alternatively, you could create a "phantom" user and put coverage buttons for that user on the 3 phones. Then, when a call is transferred to that extension it will ring on that coverage button.

Question would be if you need voicemail coverage for this group of 3 phones. The all ring calling group will never go to voicemail unless all 3 members log out, and of course will never ring until they log in.

R4 Magix has the Ring All group for sure .. I dont recall without lookin it up if R3 had it or not... either way if yours is earlier than 3, it doesnt have it, and you'll have to use a workaround similar to telecomboy said..

You can verify your systems version by grabbing an internal dialtone on a display phone (MLX or 44XX), and dial *05.
The systems release and version info will be shown in the Phones Display.

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

Thanks gents. You confirmed my suspicion, the school has an older version and "group ringing" is not one of the hunt group types. My resolution was to send the calls out of the AA to a single line phone (a ringer) in the office and gave the 3 ladies a pickup button for that extension. They're happy but I wasn't and was hoping for something better. Thanks again.

You could put coverage buttons for the ringer's extension onto each of their phones so they don't have to press a pickup button. The line would ring on that coverage button and they would answer as they normally would by picking up the handset.

Thanks MerlinMan. I think I agree, the customer's happy, I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back