Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Group Does Not Overfloweth 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsi1

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
US
Trying to get the following "simple" senario to run.

Magix R4
LS/GS lines 10 in Pool 70
PRI lines 23 in Pool 891

1) Call comes in
2) Ring all phones on sales floor (20) Ggrp 7929
3) After 6 rings Sales Back-up and Admin phones
ring (20) Cgrp 7928 as well
4) After the 12th ring AA 0n 770 picks up to take
message and dispose of the call.

I have a delay timer with no members and both pools assigned that overflows to 7929, calls 99, time 1 (from a previous setup ringing an operator) that works as expected and passes calls out to 7929 (or 7928 or 770 as set).

I have tried to set 7929 to overflow to 7928, rings 99, time 30. Won't do it. 7929 rings forever.

I have also tried setting up 7928 as a support group for 7929. No joy there either.

Have lost my AA along the way too... hmmm
I re-set the VMI group from 7929 auto config to 770 cvr 30.
any bearing on this prob you think.

Have another problem/question but will start a new thread on that one. thanks for all your help.

Your info is not very clear.

First off, PRI LINES are not LINES that you can assign for overflow.

I am just not understanding this:

1) Call comes in
2) Ring all phones on sales floor (20) Ggrp 7929
3) After 6 rings Sales Back-up and Admin phones
ring (20) Cgrp 7928 as well
4) After the 12th ring AA 0n 770 picks up to take
message and dispose of the call.

What is (20)?

And above, what is (10)?

(20) = just an annotation of
number of members in the group, MM

Don't see the (10) You Ask About.

I don't know how to be more clear.
I need any call coming into the system to
ring the all sales phones 6 times then to start
ringing the back-up phones an additional 6 times
then if no one answers it, it goes to AA. that's it.

As in:

LS/GS lines 10 in Pool 70

But I think I know what you are saying about that...

And yes, your info is still somewhat muddled....

I've seen people try to set up coverage in this matter; and I have two really strong opinions about it that I'd like to share (if you don't mind).

The first is that an Automated Attendant should be your first point of coverage. However, I think it is acceptable to have it answer in a delayed fashion so that there is opportunity to answer the call live. But putting the AA at the end of a long chain of coverage points is not a good idea.

The second thing is that (6) rings to the first group plus (6) rings to the second group PLUS perhaps (3) rings to cover to a voicemail box has your poor caller potentially waiting for a full 90 seconds before a message can be left. That's way too long.

Is there another way you can envision getting the call coverage you need while still respecting the caller's time? Maybe we could help redesign this thing entirely.

Tim Alberstein

Tim, I could not agree more with you but, the customer is adamant that they do not want ANY automated answer except as a drop-dead fail-safe last-resort place to leave a message and they really have no desire for the second answering group to answer incoming call either, hence the 6 rings in the primary group. When the 2nd group ights up ... it means someone is gonna be in trouble. They also have "operators" who don't answer the phone. They just have the MLX=20LDs for programming and so they can watch all the agents station lights on the dss. ...it's what they want. I had it set up pre-install the other way AA >> OPR >> Agents and had to rip it out.

Very perplexed now. Spent the morning setting up a test calling group. with 1 station, 1 LS c/o Line, and one overflow. I called the CG '780', added 149 as a member, added 836 as a line. set overflow to 770, calls 99, time 20.

When I call the number for 836 I hear it ring ~four times then go out to VM.

But... the station 149 does not ring.

It has SA-Immediate ring buttons set .... but nothing. If I set 836 as a personal line button it does indeed ring on the phone ...

what have I broken and where should I look for the pieces?

Thanks for your kind support...

If 7929 is set up as a "Group Ring" group - it is ineligible for any coverage. The only way that I know of is to use a loop-around trick - if you have an 012 or 106 T/R module in your system. Otherwise - if you want 7929 to have coverage - you need to change the Hunt Type to something else.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Thanks Tom, that makes me feel a little better, I didn't see that restriction in the docs. I it doen't Solve my problem but ... you mentioned a loop around as a way to help this setup. How do you envision that might work? The problem is that the sales people are a bit like geese. always flying about with customers or otherwise away from their desks. But.. whomever is near a phone that rings is to pick it up, tranfer or, more often, park the call and loudspeaker page the desired person to pick it up. So can't see how a structured hunt group would work out. I have the old analog lines pool assigned to personal buttons now to the job but they want to delay the ringing to the ADMIN group of phones.

Thanks again for your help

Do do a Merlinman "loop-around" trick for your Sales Group - you would need an 012 or 016 T/R module in your system as a first step. You would "loop" one of the Basic Telephone Extention ports to an unused line port on your system. You would make that single-line extention number a member of the Sales group. You would program a Calling Group - say 789 - to overflow to your Voicemail Calling Group 770 after xx seconds. You would add the line number the T/R port loops to Calling Group 789. Lastly create an autoattendant mailbox for 789 in voicemail admin - and record an appropriate message such as: All of our sales reps are currently busy with other customers - please press 0 or stay on the line to leave a message and we will get back to you asap. Make the zero/timeout: leave a message in the general mailbox - and program one of the senior reps to be the message reciever for 789 - so their message light gets activated.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back